Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:18 PM

Default Re: My Dog Pip is an Angel 08.30.13...

I'm sorry I haven't been on in awhile. It was a little hard to come here for some odd reason. Thank you for thinking of me! I'm finding it harder and harder as time goes by. You would think it would be the opposite? I'm doing my best though. Now I know why some people just cannot adopt another dog right away. Patty, I'm sorry I said that to you.

I do have my Newman, who, by the way could not be happier. Pip was so dominant with him that now he's coming out of his shell slowly but surely. For some reason, I never noticed it when Pip was here. Although we all know what a warrior that little devil was.

Love and hugs to all!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:02 AM

Pam,

I think it is harder in the beginning, and not easier. Our lives are so wrapped around them... Not only are our hearts breaking, but our day to day lives have changed.

Holding you tight.. Sending a virtual hug.

Barb
Old 09-27-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgcor View Post
I'm sorry I haven't been on in awhile. It was a little hard to come here for some odd reason. Thank you for thinking of me! I'm finding it harder and harder as time goes by. You would think it would be the opposite? I'm doing my best though. Now I know why some people just cannot adopt another dog right away. Patty, I'm sorry I said that to you.

I do have my Newman, who, by the way could not be happier. Pip was so dominant with him that now he's coming out of his shell slowly but surely. For some reason, I never noticed it when Pip was here. Although we all know what a warrior that little devil was.

Love and hugs to all!
hang in there it hasnt even been a month yet so i think it would get harder and harder right now seeing all the stuff you did for your baby isnt happening anymore and you need time to adjust to that..i know my days are limited as well and will be in your place sooner than later..all we can do is remember how sweet they were and how they touched our lives..and it will get better...hang in there....hugs to you..
sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...
Old 09-27-2013, 06:24 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Everyone experiences the loss different. Your every moment was focused on Pip and how he was doing. I know that was a huge adjustment for me once Ali was gone. And I often had a guilty feeling when I was able to do something I couldn't do while she was here and needed me so much. That has faded over time. But I never stop missing her.

I was home this last week. I'll have to get your number for next time I'm up your way Pam instead of relying on email and k9.
Take care!
Patty
Old 09-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Founding Member

Hi Pam

I thought of you & Pip, when I came back after Niki passed & seen her picture I just started crying. Maybe in time you can put Pip's back up, if not I understand, I still get so sad when I go to her posts, besides that I cry sometimes, it just comes over me. I still have the blind dog poem in a frame by where it sit, her picture is in the middle of my desktop,

Well Pam, I did some searching ... I guess nostalgia was hitting me, I went back to your first post and started reading forward, it made me laugh a bit, if you ever go back to the first page (and I know you will at later date) you were saying you thought you had memory loss, "Pip wanted to inherit the estate", Catholic guilt, we're both stuck with that one.

We did well with Pip & Niki. Take a look here

http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=26

Dolly & Angel Niki
Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday