Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stopping in to say hello

Originally posted by Cara Sandler View Post
    Sparky is showing everyone how much fun agility is!!!!! He loved doing agility.
    Lol...and Fred is teaching them how to open up the door to get treats..lol
    sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Comment

Originally posted by sherryandfred View Post
      Lol...and Fred is teaching them how to open up the door to get treats..lol
      I'm sure Sparky loves that! He was always a big fan of treats!
      Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Cara Sandler View Post
        I'm sure Sparky loves that! He was always a big fan of treats!
        Lol what dog wasn't lol.... I learned a lot from Fred and what not to do with the knew puppy I am hoping to always Stick to that and not like Abby get like Fred did...
        sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Comment

My diabetic Mom is up there too sharing all of the good stuff, not the good for you stuff!
          Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

So nice, must be nice to be finally able to eat what they want and to see and feel better at last.
            Geoff & Bailey - 15 September 2002 - 26 June 2014 - Went to the rainbow bridge. He will be sorely missed - Love you Bailey 11 y/o Spoodle dx Dec 2011 - 18 units of Protaphane, 5 units of Humalog, on Prednefrine Forte for his cataracts and Cosopt for his glaucoma

Comment

Well it's been a few weeks since this thread was used! So I thought I'd better say hello! Hope everyone is well. Things are going OK for me. Made some tealight candles for Bailey. They turned out OK, now I want bigger ones! So I am going to order 5 kilos (11 pounds) of beeswax and try some in jars etc. I will post a photo of one of the candles I made and the nice container I burn in.

I often think did I give Bailey enough attention in his final months. I lie in bed at night thinking these thoughts, knowing I can do nothing about it. Will be 4 weeks this Thursday.
              Geoff & Bailey - 15 September 2002 - 26 June 2014 - Went to the rainbow bridge. He will be sorely missed - Love you Bailey 11 y/o Spoodle dx Dec 2011 - 18 units of Protaphane, 5 units of Humalog, on Prednefrine Forte for his cataracts and Cosopt for his glaucoma

Comment

yes things begin to enter a new reality where the physical state is gone but the spiritual can remain for sometime

i like the candle idea
                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I feel certain you did everything you could for him, and he knew it and loved you for it.
                  Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Geoff hindsight is always 20-20, you gave Bailey your love and did the best you could. Be kind to yourself.
                    Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Indeed, hindsight is 20/20. I push these thoughts out of my head but sometimes it makes me feel very...lost is sort of how I feel at the time. But thanks, I now I did my best for him, he was a spoilt little thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff View Post
                        Indeed, hindsight is 20/20. I push these thoughts out of my head but sometimes it makes me feel very...lost is sort of how I feel at the time. But thanks, I now I did my best for him, he was a spoilt little thing!
                        I understand. He was lucky to have had you!!!!!

Comment

You all gave all you had to your pups. Personally, I think you should be able to look back and say "I did good by (Bailey, Fred, Sparky)!" I am absolutely sure they all felt the love you have for them.

Mel
                          Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff View Post
                            i do think we did the best we could..many people always questioned me why i was doing this and not giving up..told them i would never give up he was our family..and if i was an at home person i would do it again..i know of a pup that needs a home because of being diabetic but its alot of work for someone that works full time..god forbid my baby now gets it i would do it all over again..we loved them so much..but i am ok with him being gone now he is in a happy place playing and seeing all these wonderful babies that have pasted as well..i hope you are also getting into a better place about it..i miss him still but its ok now..he is free..and i do believe we for sure spoiled them..i have learned so much from fred and this site that with our new puppy i will be doing things alot different to make sure she stays healthy....

Comment

Originally posted by Monsters Momma View Post
                              You all gave all you had to your pups. Personally, I think you should be able to look back and say "I did good by (Bailey, Fred, Sparky)!" I am absolutely sure they all felt the love you have for them.

Mel
                              thanks mel..i agree.. i also think it helps me love our new one even more to know how short there life really is...crazy how they steal our hearts isnt it..

Comment

Originally posted by sherryandfred View Post
                                thanks mel..i agree.. i also think it helps me love our new one even more to know how short there life really is...crazy how they steal our hearts isnt it..
                                I hope that day will come. It would give me so much peace to really know from the bottom of my heart that I did everything exactly the way Sparky would have wanted me to. I guess it just takes time.

Comment

Working...
                                X