Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Margaret and Lucy

Sorry Kevin and Patty,

I meant to give you's an update yesterday but I got caught up with one thing and another

Anyway Henry the vet is not too worried about the cyst bursting, he is not going to do any surgery as he does not want to give her an anaesthetic, with her immune system being low ...........it is not long since she had one when she was bleeding from the bladder

He does not think the cyst is infected he is not giving her anymore antibiotics as she is on Norodine. He said I done a good job of cleaning it out, I have to carry on cleaning it with boiled saline water.

Back to my nursing days again

He said it will just keep draining but that it may fill up again.

He is more concerned about the discharge from her vulva, he said this is our
    big problem, she has 2 weeks of the antifungal still to take, then he is going to decide what we are going to do next, as she cannot stay on Nizoral for any length of time..........due to potential liver damage.

She is so lethargic just now I have to walk at her pace, which doesn't bother me.

So we will see what the next few weeks bring it is all we can do.

I will keep you posted if there are any changes, thanks for caring.

Then again this forum is THE best when it comes to compassion and caring

Hugs

Margaret
    Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Margaret,
      Thanks for the update...I was worried! I do hope Lucy will feel somewhat better, and that the cyst does not fill up again. It's probably good that it ruptured on its own so she didn't need to have it drained, but all the same, it's frustrating for you and for her, and I understand that. I guess we just have to take things day by day with our chronically ill dogs and hope for minor improvements.
      Kevin
      Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

Margaret - Kwali, Kumbi and Camellia and I continue to watch over Lucy, and you, too.

Just wishing you the very best. I think you're doing all that can possibly be done - trying to keep Lucy reasonably comfortable. I went through stuff like this with Kwali, and with Kumbi, too.

Well, not the same stuff as Lucy, but the principles are the same.

Holding Lucy and you always in our hearts and paws. The paws are crossed. Arms, too.

What else would you expect from us? Crossed (-up) paws!

Love and hugs, licks and wags,

Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:33:18 (PDT)
        http://www.coherentdog.org/
        CarolW

Comment

Originally posted by CarolW View Post
          Margaret - Kwali, Kumbi and Camellia and I continue to watch over Lucy, and you, too.

Just wishing you the very best. I think you're doing all that can possibly be done - trying to keep Lucy reasonably comfortable. I went through stuff like this with Kwali, and with Kumbi, too.

Well, not the same stuff as Lucy, but the principles are the same.

Holding Lucy and you always in our hearts and paws. The paws are crossed. Arms, too.

What else would you expect from us? Crossed (-up) paws!

Love and hugs, licks and wags,

Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:33:18 (PDT)

Carol,

Thank you so much for your support I am eternally grateful.

I hope you settle in to your new place.

Hugs

Margaret xx

Comment

Margaret,
            Good to hear an update and that Henry isn't too worried about the cyst bursting. I do hope it doesn't fill back up. Glad you had your nurses training rely on for keeping it clean.

Continuing to hope your girl improves little by little,
            Patty
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Just an update on Lucy...........her cyst on her neck is still leaking but has reduced dramatically.
              She now has a small cyst on her paw which she gets now and then, have been doing all this bathing of the cysts each day.

She is perky and her numbers are good so I think we are getting there.

She has another week of antibiotics and antifungals and then I think Henry is stopping everything to see how things go
              This is her 78th day on antibiotics and I do think they keep the yeast infection going........ but we can only but try.

I have been keeping up with everyone's posts ( well trying to).

Hugs to everyone

Margaret

Comment

Margaret,
                Good to hear how Lucy's doing. Love that she's feeling perky and numbers are good!

Will pray things go well with discontinuing the meds soon.

Patty
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Hi Margaret! Glad to hear Lucy is FINALLY doing better. This has a been a long haul for the two of you!

Pam

Comment

Thank You,

Patty and Pam for your kind thoughts, will keep you posted

Hugs

Margaret

Comment

Woo Hoo Margaret, I am so happy to read this. Lucy (and you) have been in my prayers. Keep it up Lucy Girl!

Hugs,
                      Heidi and Chloe

Originally posted by Margaret Boyle View Post
                      Hi Everyone,

Just an update on Lucy...........her cyst on her neck is still leaking but has reduced dramatically.
                      She now has a small cyst on her paw which she gets now and then, have been doing all this bathing of the cysts each day.

She is perky and her numbers are good so I think we are getting there.

She has another week of antibiotics and antifungals and then I think Henry is stopping everything to see how things go
                      This is her 78th day on antibiotics and I do think they keep the yeast infection going........ but we can only but try.

I have been keeping up with everyone's posts ( well trying to).

Hugs to everyone

Margaret

Comment

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for your support.

Hugs to you and Chloe

Margaret

Comment

Margaret,

I'm sending my very best wishes to you and Lucy hoping that Lucy does well without the antibiotics and antifungals. Three months is long enough! I just hope things quiet down for you two.

Best wishes,
                          Kevin
                          Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

Hi Margaret,

She is perky and her numbers are good so I think we are getting there
                            GREAT NEWS!!!!!! So happy for the two of you. Hoping she does well without the antibiotics and continues to improve. Hugs to you and Lucy.
                            Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Oh Margaret!

I'm SO glad things are looking up for Lucy. You are truly one FABULOUS Human Dog-Mum. You persist through all the tough times, and apparently, come out on the other side! Great work!

Continuing my best wishes for Lucy and you!

Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:39:11 (PDT)
                              http://www.coherentdog.org/
                              CarolW

Comment

Thanks so Much,

Lynne Kevin and Carol for your moral support

Hugs

Margaret

Comment

Working...