Pheobe, the golden/chow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre making needles

the only problem i could see is maybe the mixing of insulin that needs to be done and if it can be mixed in a syringe before giving the shot . If your testing blood sugar you could test to see if there is any difference

I dont find it cumbersome to fill a syringe at meal time
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

It’s not that it’s a huge deal making the needle at meal times.. I just have 2 dogs, one diabetic and one no diabetic, and they are the least patient dogs EVER! So as soon as they see me making the needle they know it’s meal time and start going nutS! So that was the only reason I was thinking about doing it.. I’ve done it in the past when we went on vacation for a friend that was watching them for me.. and the insulin does separate, however if you roll it with your fingers and warm it up it goes back to normal.. but I may do like you said and maybe do a curve with and without pre making them and see what the numbers look like!

Thanks so much for the advice!

Comment

https://www.healthcentral.com/articl...sulin-syringes

there's a few points to know when pre-filling.
        Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Thanks so much!

Comment

Phoebe's insolent is over 600 out of nowhere

Hi Phoebe is a golden retriever Chow mix who's been diagnosed for about 4 years now, she takes 18 units morning and night and I feed her blue Buffalo weight management food. How sugar has been really good for quite a while now, and out of nowhere today it's shot up 2 / 600 and I have no idea why! I tested her ketones and it showed negative.... Anyone with any kind or thoughts are input how I can handle this and get her sugar down to a more reasonable number?

I apologize for the grammatical errors I am talk texting while I pet my baby!

Comment

Re: Phoebe's insolent is over 600 out of nowhere

It could be bad reading . Low battery on the meter . Check to make sure the meter is working well and give it a few days to see if its just a blimp on the radar . If you continue to see a change in the pattern a vet visit maybe a good Idea to check for infection . Any physical symptoms ?
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Just kind of notice she was moping a little bit..so I thought I would check it just to make sure everything was okay and that's the reading I got... I checked the batteries and I did it twice and both times I got the same result.. it just kind of scared me because she hasn't been that high since she was diagnosed.. she also has a rather large cancerous tumor on her chest but that's all that really hasn't affected her diabetes..

Comment

Keep us apprised . Hopefully just an odd ball event but you definitely want to monitor

Comment

Working...
                  X