Sugarversary - Gus, the mini-schnauzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugarversary - Gus, the mini-schnauzer

We're celebrating our one year sugarversary this week! Just wanted to thank everyone for their knowledge and support this past year. And, also to let those who are still struggling with getting their doggie regulated not to give up. This disease takes patience and perseverance. It took almost this complete year to get Gus to what I call "regulated". I think we've finally reached the right dosage to where we have been stable for the last 7-8 weeks. Although that's not to say that can't change because we all know how quick that can happen.

Gus and I thank you again for giving us the knowledge needed and encouragement along the way this past year. I'm so thankful I found this forum.
    Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
    10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Re: Sugarversary - Gus, the mini-schnauzer

happy sugarverary gus it was an uphill climb but the veiw once you reached the top was so worth it

congrats
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Happy sugarverary Gus!!

Jake
      13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
      At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Congrats to you and Gus on your first sugarversary! It's no small deed and demonstrates your commitment to Gus's well being.

Many more for you two!
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I love this!

Happy Sugarversary to you and Gus!
          Jackson birthdate: May 11th 2006 Chocolate Lab 91lbs diagnosed August 11th, 2016 Humulin N 26 units 2x daily (still regulating) Fromm Gold Weight Management

Comment

Congrats to you!

We are going to truly join in the celebration because soon will also be Mr. Shadow's 1st sweet anniversary.

I know every day is different and not all his levels are nice, just this weekend his readings escalated almost to the 500 digits...not good.

So I try to remain positive and overall patient that tomorrow will be a better day.

And in the meantime let's celebrate our darling Gus, hooray!!!
            Mr. Shadow 11 year old mix breed, 21 lbs. , diabetes diagnosis Sept. 2015. Currently on 10 units Novolin N

Comment

Way to go, Gus and Mom! The first year is the worst and you made it through the fear and uncertainty.
              Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Woohoo to you and Gus.. that first year in teaches you some patience !!! Good job
                Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Working...
                X