A funny thing happened at the park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A funny thing happened at the park

Some of you may remember Quentin who had the snake bite.

He is now 1 year, still full of pi.. and vinegar and quite the active little guy and they have started to take him to a leash free park which is about 5 minutes from our place.

We will be dogsitting Quentin for 5 days at the end of the month so Ron and I each took turn going with one of them to get to know the other dogs and see how Quentin behaves around them. Ron went and had a lot of fun watching about 25 small, medium and giant dogs running around and playing.

Although I really enjoyed it, let's just say I wasn't as lucky. I was just standing there with my girlfriend watching them play, some would just come over for a belly scratch or a hug and all of sudden, this big dog came behind me, raised his leg and peed on me. I was wearing green pants so I don't know if he thought I was a bush

Everyone watched in shock and no one dared say anything. The owner was absolutely mortified as I was laughing my head off when I realized what had just happened. She apologized profusely and realized that I was in no way mad or upset.

It was such fun to watch all these furry friends playing, running around and having such a ball.

I just thought I'd share
    Louise

Re: A funny thing happened at the park

I'd be wearing some different colored pants!
    Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

its great to here quentin is doing so well and having fun and your really enjoying him

thanks for the update
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Thanks for the update on Quentin, that is great news! You are such a good sport, definitely a different color next time!
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Good to hear that Quentin is doing so well, especially after that scare last year!

Don't know that I would have been laughing in your place, but ..... Maybe you were not only the "right" color, but standing too still.

Thanks for sharing.

Mary
          Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
          Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
          Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
          Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Oh my, Louise. Better not wear red either. You might be mistaken for a fire hydrant
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I'm glad you took it so well! Having seen a few hundred episodes of Funniest Home Videos, I can say confidently that this happens pretty often in fact.

It could be worse... our dog and another dog took me out at a dog park by running into me at full speed (Jack weighed 54 pounds and the other dog probably weighed about the same) and I wound up with a badly sprained ankle and an ambulance ride.

The guy with the other dog felt really terrible but our dog was in the lead and of course we weren't angry at him or his dog or our dog. They were both just having a really good time and Jack is a serious dork with impulse control problems.

I got a letter from the insurance company a month later wanting to know, since my treatment was due to an "accident," whether there was another party involved - to whom they could forward the bill. I said well, yes, it was an accident, but it was caused by our dog so no, nobody else to pass the cost to.

I can tell you, though, that it's an experience I'd just as soon not repeat. I'm kinda glad Jack doesn't go to dog parks anymore!

Nice to get an update on Quentin! I'll bet you're looking forward to dogsitting him!

Natalie

Comment

Wow, Natalie I shall keep that in mind when we take Quentin to the park. He is so full of energy that he absolutely needs to have that 1+hour at the park where he can run like crazy.

We have already decided that we are not going to take Cleo there as I'd be afraid that she'd be trampled on. She also gets very intimidated by big dogs especially since Buddy is no longer there to protect her.

Mary, I must say that I was in such a happy mood at seeing all these happy dogs, well loved and well cared for by their owners that I just could not get mad and I chose to laugh about it.

I specifically wore an old pair of sweat pants that day in case I would have to deal with big dirty and muddy paws. No more green nor red (the latter with my weight, it would be considered a crime to wear anyways)

Happy Sunday
                Louise

Comment

Oh that is so great! LOL You're a good sport! I took Hank to the park yesterday with a friend's dog and we met another little dog there, too. All three were running around like lunatics! And remember..Hank is about 12! I've never seen him actually play with other dogs but this little 2 year old pup that came in must have caught his attention. It was SO great to see them running and sniffing and doing doggy things! Can't wait to go next week again!
                  Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

That happened to me!!

I was attending a deposition at a man's house, and i was early. His attorney was having a conference with him, so I waited outside, and there was this great big black dog out there. I petted him and made friends, and he got up and lifted his leg and peed right on my pants and foot. I was horrified because it was the dog of the guy who was being deposed, and he was an elderly man. I didn't want to embarrass him before the deposition, so I didn't say anything, and just did the best clean up I could with the napkins I had in my car, but it was pretty bad.

I wonder if that's just a male dog's way of saying, I dig you.
                    Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

Now who's the <good sport<

Pretty darn hard to remain professional when you have dog pee on your clothes and you don't know whether they can catch a whiff of it.

Louise

Comment

Eh, I felt like it was my fault to some extent because I wanted to play with an unfamiliar dog while I was waiting. And as I recall no one noticed. I suppose I lucked out.
                        Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

Otis hasn't done any people YET, but he'll nail almost anything else that breaks the plane of the grass. Fishing tackle boxes, golf bags, jackets, etc ...
                          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Hank hasn't managed to 'get' me yet but mostly cause I stand far enough away! lol He's got a good two feet stream going on there! But agreed...he'll nail anything he finds...leaves, sticks, trash cans, branches...he prefers the vertical items rather than the horizontal. And oh lord help us if a BIG dog got a target that is too short for him...he'll give it his best try! LOL
                            Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Late to the party here; SO glad to know Quentin is well and active!

About dogs peeing on people - it's been suggested that because "marking' is one of the stress-relief calming signals dogs use, perhaps they pee on people who have just made some kind of louder-than-normal sound; I'm thinking, calling out, laughing, shouting, and the like. Anyway, that's something to think about, and perhaps observe, in case a dog pees on you! Or, better, on somebody else; ha!

If you watch a lot, you can see how "marking' functions as a way of calming the pee-er, though I doubt it would much calm the pee-ee.
                              Wed, 8 Feb 2012 01:43:55 (PST)
                              http://www.coherentdog.org/
                              CarolW

Comment

Working...
                              X