My best Pal, Coke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Good BG Numbers ?

looks good 100 points or less from lowest to highest in sugar or vice versa is very stable sugar

200 points is still ok but for me with jesse anything more than that i believe she is losing stability and maybe putting her at risk .

it looks like you are seeing a steady decrease in numbers. its possible the food change could require less insulin so keep an eye on that lowest number

amazing how it takes a bit of time to see things truly settle and it can be quite dramatic as you have seen

congrats .just watch that lowest number
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Thank You
      I will definitely watch for Her going Hypo and adjust from the nadir
      The good news here is she gained a pound and a half before her diagnosis she was a pretty healthy 96 lb's and after seemed to stay right at a little lite 83 lb's
      just at 84.5 she looks a lot healthier
      Thanks again
      DOGG
      My Pal of 12 years 83.5 lbs Spayed Lab Mix Coco (Coke) Diagnosed 7/24/17--22 units (Relion)Novolin N twice a day.Feeding 1cup Whole Earth (grain free) Kibble/ 7oz's Vital Beef/BisonRaw/ 1 cube pumpkin and 1 cube black bean 2 X day

Comment

Any food change can affect BG as carbs may change. Also, any weight gain can require maybe slightly more insulin.

But all in all those numbers are good, especially if you have a consistent range day in day out.

Sometimes the difference between highest and lowest number can be more than we want, but can't be explained. Nadir still guides the dose. But I don't let one nadir change my strategy, I look for what the nadir is on average over a few days.
        Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Thats what I'm doing I haven't had the 97 BG for 4 days now
          She fluctuates between mid 200's and mid to high 100's since so everything seems to be leveling out
          The four BG's I took today 1st one at 4:30 am were (She eats at 5am and 5pm)
          9am-254
          11:30am-242
          and just now at 4:30pm -280 . So in the last 12 hrs it only fluctuated 38 points I know that since I didn't do a curve that she might have went a little lower but she was with me all day and didn't show any signs of coming anywhere near going Hypo
          I figure when I'm satisfied It's running pretty stable I'll go up a 1/2 unit and see where it goes-------A little at a time
          DOGG
          Last edited by Reddogg; 02-08-2018, 02:49 PM.
          My Pal of 12 years 83.5 lbs Spayed Lab Mix Coco (Coke) Diagnosed 7/24/17--22 units (Relion)Novolin N twice a day.Feeding 1cup Whole Earth (grain free) Kibble/ 7oz's Vital Beef/BisonRaw/ 1 cube pumpkin and 1 cube black bean 2 X day

Comment

• Using Organic Ceylon Cinnamon in meal ?

Hello all been a while since I've posted and been around for that matter (work to much)
            Happy to report after 1 year of having diabetes My pal Coke is still with us and turned 12 recently I have had a few changes in her diet over the last previous months but all and all she's generally in pretty good spirits most of the time
            Last (sorta)curve
            4:30 am--330
            9:00 am--236
            11:00 am-215
            ---------------
            2:30 pm--224
            4:30pm--185
            8:00 pm--175
            9:30 pm--94 *fed her a small milk bone (got scared)
            11:00 pm--172
            As you can see the 9:30 @ a 94 bg was a pretty good drop and by feeding an 83lb kid a tiny milk bone it went back up to a decent # at least I think thats what did it
            I'm wondering if any of You folks have dabbled using cinnamon on the food to help with lowering the insulin resitstance and help lowering BG levels ? From what I have read It seems that it helps Humans with Type 2 diabetes but see no mention of Type 1--------So any Input anyone would have on this will be much appriciated before I start her on a little added 1/4 teaspoon to her food and work up to somwhere around a teaspoon
            As Always
            Thanks
            Dogg
            Last edited by Reddogg; 08-07-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Re: Using Organic Ceylon Cinnamon in meal ?

Well we used cinnamon on jesse and the only thing it did for her was give her nice breath

what you may have to do is add maybe a milk bone snack everyday if blood sugar normally drops like that . Overall the curve looks pretty good

one year under the belt that good congrats
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Thanks jesse
                I see she has a new outlook on eating with the new flavor in her food so thats a good thing and better breath would be a bonus also the old girl's breath does get funky now and again
                I'm going to keep with a 1/4 tsp with each meal and I'll most likely up the amount a little in a week unless i see some kind of an obvious change in the bg levels. I'll report back with some results or not by then if not sooner
                Thanks again
                Dogg

Comment

Generally, from everything I've researched and learned from my own type 1 diabetes, most supplements don't do much. It's generally type 2 that can possibly benefit from herbs and spices, because the pancreas is still somewhat functional.
                  Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Well folks I have some early results using ceylon cinnamon and they seem pretty positive as of now but after five days now with everything being done exactly the same with both meals / meal times and shots being @22 units all thru using 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in each meal Coke's BG levels have improved greatly with no big spikes I'll do a full curve next week a put up the numbers but as of yesterday her numbers were
                    4:30 am-282
                    9:30 am-287
                    --------------------All fast reads @ 4:30 . am/pm
                    4:30 pm-205 . All meals fed @5:00 . am/pm
                    8:00 pm-180
                    10:00 pm-186
                    12:00 pm-297

She has had very similar numbers all week which compared to forever her numbers are staying within 140 pnts consistantly which they have never done before
                    As I said I'll do a full curve late next week and post the results
                    Dogg

Comment

Working...
                    X