Sissy became an Angel December 29, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sissy's Mom

Jackie, Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

Jake
    13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
    At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Jackie
      Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
      Diabetes: Aug 2013
      Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
      Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

happy thanksgiving to you Jackie and your special girl sissy . a day to reflect and to be thankful for all our blessings
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to you and Sissy!!
          Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Wow,sissy has had a rough week.she has severe colitis with a lot of rectal bleeding. We've worked with several approaches,but after being in hospital every day,I think we have turned the corner.
            She is now on 4 smaller meals of new food ( I/D) some rx probiotic paste and pills,plus her regular meds.
            I have figured out how to adjust her insulin...at least it is working so far.I cut the amount,give her with"breakfast meal", then about 6 hrs in,she is low 100s,so give 2nd meal. 3rd meal around "suppertime" with same lower insulin,then around hr 5,her final meal for day.
            This morning she was 122..
            The only other challenge is her weight.she lost 1 pound with not eatig and all the diahrea. I am working on that slowly,but hope to get it back on her..her new food is higher calorie,so need less to meet her calorie requirement. ..
            Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

aw Poor Sissy. So glad you are figuring something out
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Any other suggestions welcome .thanks Judi..
                Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Digestive issues are a very tough balancing act. Sounds like you have got it figured out. Fingers and paws crossed things are better.
                  Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Amy,thank you. It is because of some of your challenges with Maggie,that I figured this out... and jessegirl. It seems to be working.I get up between 11pm and 1am to test and give 4th meal.I would like to back that up to say 10 pm...???
                    Sissy is much better.I am getting good pees and small normal stools. I understand that since this food is very digestable,her stools will be smaller...very thankful for slow improvement. .

Comment

Glad she's feeling better! She would hate for you to sit back and relax and glide for a while, after all.

Comment

Lol,thanks Natalie,
                        This 10 days has been a real challenge!!!! I think we're doing ok... shes eating, pooping and numbers aren't to bad...100- 200s!!!

Comment

It is with unimaginable pain that my precious Sissy became an angel yesterday held tight in my arms. I can't think...
                          Last edited by stylynjm; 12-30-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Oh Jackie,
                            I'm in absolute shock, over this news. I'm so sorry it was time to help Sissy pass on. Sissy knows how much you love her, and I'm sure she was comforted to be in your arms when you helped her leave this world. You gave her an amazing life, and she'll always be in the hearts of you and those who came to know her.
                            I hope the fun and happy memories of Sissy can comfort you during this sad time. I'm sure she and Fritz are romping around and having a grand old time at the rainbow bridge. Sending cyber hugs your way and a kiss skyward for Sissy and Fritz,
                            Audrey
                            Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

So sad to hear this Jackie. You did your best and Sissy knows that. Run free Sissy girl.
                              Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                              Diabetes: Aug 2013
                              Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                              Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Oh jackie what you did for sissy was beyond what most people can do . You always kept searching for an alternative way to get sissy stable and you did with sissy giving that smiley face saying good job mom

It did appear from the beginning there was something else was going on with your girl to create the instability

glad she had you and you having her its is a symbiotic relationship based in love
                                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Working...
                                X