• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I....?

Add an Avatar?

http://k9diabetes.com/forum/usercp.php = User Control Panel Link

http://k9diabetes.com/forum/profile.php?do=editavatar = Edit Avatar Link

At the screen where you edit your avatar, you will see the following option:
    Using an Avatar
    Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
    [ ] Do not use an avatar
    Note: if you already have a custom avatar, checking this box will delete your existing avatar.
    Only check the box if you DON'T want any avatar at all.

If you HAVE a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.
    Use Custom Avatar
    You may upload a new custom image using the controls below.
    Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website
    At this option you can enter a link to a photo you want to use

--OR--
    Option 2 - Upload Image from Your Computer
    Using the "Browse" button will allow you to choose a photo from your computer's disk drive.

Our board will both store the photo for you and automatically edit it to avatar size.
    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 29.3 KB (whichever is smaller).
    Don't forget to click the "Save Changes" button when done.
    Last edited by k9diabetes; 03-18-2008, 09:16 PM. Reason: Adding some formatting and indentation

Re: How Do I....?

Add a Profile Picture?

http://k9diabetes.com/forum/usercp.php = User Control Panel Link

http://k9diabetes.com/forum/profile....editprofilepic = Edit Profile Picture Link

Add/Edit Profile Picture

Profile pictures are small pictures of your self, that are displayed within your user profile.

[ ] Delete current image?
    Note: If you already have a Profile Picture selecting this option will delete it.
    Only check the box if you DON'T already have a Profile Picture or DON'T want to keep your current one.
    You may upload a new custom image using the controls below.

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website
    Here you can enter a link to a photo you want to use

--OR--
    Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer
    Using the "Browse" button will allow you to choose a photo from your computer's disk drive.

Our board will both store the photo for you and automatically edit it to Profile Photo size.
    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
    Don't forget to click the "Save Changes" button when done.
    Last edited by k9diabetes; 03-18-2008, 09:21 PM. Reason: Adding some formatting and indentation

Comment

Re: How Do I....?

Add a link to my posts?

There are three ways to do this. One is to directly copy it using "Copy Shortcut" and then paste it in your post. Another is to click the "Insert Link" icon (blue globe with link icon). A box will come up for you to copy the link into. Yet another is by using vBulletin Code.

http://k9diabetes.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

List of codes link

url and/url in square brackets are the tags for this. Start with url in square brackets, copy your link, then "end" it with /url in square brackets.

Add a picture to my posts?

Again, there's more than one way to do it. One way is to click the "Insert Image" icon (photo-like icon). A box will come up for you to copy the photo link into. And you can also do this with vBulletin Code.

img and /img in square brackets are the tags for pictures. Start with img in square brackets, copy the link of your photo, and end it with /img in square brackets.

If you want the picture to be in the center of your post, then you'll need to use the center tags.

center and /center, both in square brackets, are the centering tags. You'll need to arrange them like this:

center img Photo Link /img /center
      Last edited by k9diabetes; 03-18-2008, 09:29 PM. Reason: Increase Main Question font size

Comment

Re: Who is on?

Originally posted by johanna View Post
        It also emails me when someone answers a post I posted... so like now.. I wasn't on but I got the computer ding that I had mail and it tells you someone answered your post..... How cool is that !!!!!!!!!!!
        Yup.

You can subscribe to all threads in any of the forums here, so that you get an e-mail notice when there's a new message (reply) in that forum, or you can subscribe to any individual thread/topic, so that you get an e-mail notice when there's a new message (reply) in that topic.

At the top of any forum, you'll see "forum tools". If you click on that, one of the options that you can choose is to subscribe to all threads in that forum. At the top of any thread/topic, you'll see "thread tools". If you click on that, one of the options that you can choose is to subscribe to that thread.

In your user CP, you also have a "subscriptions folder" that you can access if you click on "List subscriptions". From there, you can see all the threads to which you have subscribed, and you can also unsubscribe from any of your subscribed threads, if you no longer want to get those notification e-mails.

You can also set your options in your user CP so that you are notified via e-mail whenever there is a new Private Message in your message board inbox. Just click on "edit options" in your user CP, and then make sure there is a tick in the little box next to "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages". Then scroll down and click "save changes".

You can turn that option on and off, as you wish.

Comment

Working...
        X