Best online pharmacy for Vetsulin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best online pharmacy for Vetsulin?

One wanted to charge me $65 for overnight shipping!

where have you found that has vetsulin for a reasonable price & doesn't charge crazy shipping?

I do realize i have to pay for fast shipping but $65 is crazy.

thank you
    Oliver - Polski Owczarek Nizinny (PON, aka Polish Lowland Sheepdog) Weighs 51lbs, Eats Canidae. Stubborn as hell. Love him so. Diagnosed October 2016. Regulated January 2017. Currently on 14 units of Vetsulin twice a day .

Re: Best online pharmacy for Vetsulin?

I just searched this site http://www.californiapetpharmacy.com/vetsulin.html and it listed $35 for UPS Overnight. I don't know if there is any additional handling (cold pack) charges.

When I used Vetsulin seven years ago I bought from a Missouri farm supply store (Don't remember the name). You might check "local" farm supply stores. I can't even imagine the cost to treat a diabetic horse with Vetsulin!

Craig
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Looks like 1-800-PetMeds charges $19.99 for overnight refrigerated shipping, $47.64 for the product. Looks like the $19.99 is a "reasonable" charge foe overnight, refrigerated shipping. 800PetMeds is usually high on their prices.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/cart.jsp?_requestid=10709725

A refrigerated item in your order requires overnight shipping, $19.99 on most orders

40 units/ml 10 ml Vial

$62.49
      $52.93
      $47.64
      Price w/coupon TOPTEN

You save $14

Shopping Cart Returning customer? Login here

Continue Shopping Checkout

Price
      Quantity

Vetsulin Insulin 40 units/ml 10 ml Vial
      Remove
      $52.93
      $62.49

Use code TOPTEN for 10% OFF

A refrigerated item in your order requires overnight shipping, $19.99 on most orders
      Last edited by farrwf; 11-28-2016, 07:42 AM.
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
        I just searched this site http://www.californiapetpharmacy.com/vetsulin.html and it listed $35 for UPS Overnight. I don't know if there is any additional handling (cold pack) charges.

When I used Vetsulin seven years ago I bought from a Missouri farm supply store (Don't remember the name). You might check "local" farm supply stores. I can't even imagine the cost to treat a diabetic horse with Vetsulin!

Craig
        Ironically it was California pet pharmacy that was $65 shipping. On their site, it charged me $5.75 shipping, but then they called me after I placed my order and told me that I needed to pay $65 overnight shipping.

I'll look into farm stores. thanks!
        Oliver - Polski Owczarek Nizinny (PON, aka Polish Lowland Sheepdog) Weighs 51lbs, Eats Canidae. Stubborn as hell. Love him so. Diagnosed October 2016. Regulated January 2017. Currently on 14 units of Vetsulin twice a day .

Comment

I ended up ordering from Drs Foster & Smith for $41.99 per vial and $25 shipping. I ordered 2 vials so it came out to be $54.50 per vial with the shipping, plus as part of black friday promo I got a $50 gift card for spending over $125 (I bought other stuff too)

My vet charges $67 per vial so it is still a savings.

Comment

I use american diabetes wholesale. They are 52.00 with $5.00 shipping on 50 strips or free shipping .they almost always have a 10% off coupon.
            Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Originally posted by stylynjm View Post
              I use american diabetes wholesale. They are 52.00 with $5.00 shipping on 50 strips or free shipping .they almost always have a 10% off coupon.
              thanks i'm looking for vetsulin and they don't have carry it..

i did get the meter/syringes from them though !

Comment

The very best place to get Vetsulin is Pets Drug Mart a Canadian company. You do not need a prescription to purchase insulin in Canada - Vetsulin is called Caninsulin in Canada - same manufacturer. I was giving only 6 units a day and was throwing out about a third of the 10 ml vials available here in the US (42 day shelf life). There I purchase 10 / 2.5 ml vials and use every drop. I live in Florida and they ship in "cold" packaging - I haven't had to order yet in the heat of summer and am going to try to avoid that but shipping took only 3 day from order both times I have ordered. You pay in Canadian dollars (PayPal will convert) this last time I got 25 ml (10/2.5 ml bottles) for $89.34 US. Last time I ordered from my vet it was $42 for 10ml of which I tossed about a third. Also, California Vet Supply is a great place to get needles - SOL-M insulin U40 with half unit marking .3cc with 30x1/2 needle at $10 per hundred. Check them out . . . . CoCo's Mom

P.S. The $89.34 US included shipping!!!
                Last edited by CoCoMom; 12-05-2016, 03:43 PM. Reason: Left out some important information.

Comment

Originally posted by CoCoMom View Post
                  The very best place to get Vetsulin is Pets Drug Mart a Canadian company. You do not need a prescription to purchase insulin in Canada - Vetsulin is called Caninsulin in Canada - same manufacturer. I was giving only 6 units a day and was throwing out about a third of the 10 ml vials available here in the US (42 day shelf life). There I purchase 10 / 2.5 ml vials and use every drop. I live in Florida and they ship in "cold" packaging - I haven't had to order yet in the heat of summer and am going to try to avoid that but shipping took only 3 day from order both times I have ordered. You pay in Canadian dollars (PayPal will convert) this last time I got 25 ml (10/2.5 ml bottles) for $89.34 US. Last time I ordered from my vet it was $42 for 10ml of which I tossed about a third. Also, California Vet Supply is a great place to get needles - SOL-M insulin U40 with half unit marking .3cc with 30x1/2 needle at $10 per hundred. Check them out . . . . CoCo's Mom

P.S. The $89.34 US included shipping!!!
                  thank you!! i will look into it

Comment

Working...
                  X