Lily - My English Setter became an angel April 24, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lily - My English Setter

My apologies for being so long in saying...

Happy Teenager Lily!!! You go girl!!

Our nondiabetic dogs turned 13 a few months ago too. Time goes so fast...

Natalie

Comment

Good to see Lily on here. I've been away too long!
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Some sad news. Our beautiful Lily went to heaven on Saturday, April 24. She was my faithful companion for almost 14 years and lived a good dog’s life with diabetes for almost 8 years. Diabetes did not take her. She’ll be in my heart forever.
        Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
        Diabetes: Aug 2013
        Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
        Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Mike, I'm so sorry to hear of your beautiful Lily's passing.
          Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Our heart goes out to you Mike and your beautiful Lily . You and Lily are an inspiration to the rest of us not giving up and preserving and enjoying that dogs life You and Lily's experience have helped countless other dogs with diabetes . That legacy will remain with lily's story. She will have an important place and part on this forum and with me and Jesse .
            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Awe, Mike, a heartfelt sorry Lily has crossed the rainbow bridge. I loved seeing your updates and pictures. Lily was a good looking girl.
              She wil be missed by me and everyone on k9 diabetes forum and other groups.
              You and your Lily gave the k9, s bountful information, helping alot of diabetic dogs on their journey.
              Thanks Mike for your Lily
              mo
              Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
              20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

So sorry for your loss Mike. She was a beloved friend and I know how much you will miss her.

Natalie

Comment

• Re: Lily - My English Setter became an angel April 24, 2021

Mike, my deepest condolences on the loss of beautiful Lily. She had a wonderful life with you.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

She was such a beautiful girl who led a truly wonderful life. I'm so sorry Mike.

Judi
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

So sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl. She will always live in your heart and be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Comment

Hello Mike,

You get a lot of condoleances, so you get one from us out of Holland.

It will be still in the house without her, think of the happy memories with her.

You gave her a happy life.

Groetjes Annemieke
                        Bart is a Small Münsterlander, born 07-2011, 21 kg
                        Diabetes: okt 2019 Insulin: Vetsulin morning 6.5 and evening 6 units
                        Meter: Freestyle reader and Accucheck
                        Diet: Raw meat with 25% vegetables

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your heartfelt thoughts. Lily will be in my heart forever.

Last edited by MikeMurphy; 05-20-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks again everyone. I posted a video in Lily’s memory on my Facebook Page...

https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

She was such a regal girl. Was that a painting of her in the video? It was gorgeous.
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

OMG..OMG..Lily the most beautiful girl... who has stuck in my mind since the day I first saw her...Lily was soooo lucky to have you, Mike, whose love for her is overwhelming and hers for you!!!! And I was lucky too... to have you help me with Suzie.. You and Lily remain in my heart forever!!!!
                                Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
                                https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

Working...
                                X