Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lily - My English Setter

Originally posted by farrwf View Post
    If there's a meal they balk at, it'll likely be breakfast. Good to hear you got her "centered" again."

Great looking girl and, no doubt a Bills fan!
    Thanks Bill! Yep, we'll be watching Bills vs. Pats today. Also... the Sabres should have a decent team this year. Hoping to see them make the playoffs!
    Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
    Diabetes: Aug 2013
    Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
    Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMurphy View Post
      Thanks Bill! Yep, we'll be watching Bills vs. Pats today. Also... the Sabres should have a decent team this year. Hoping to see them make the playoffs!

I am a bigger hockey fan than football. I am so happy hockey is back soon.
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Yea, ... looks like the new centerpiece, Eichel, is working out great. Same with that other rookie. The future looks good for the Sabres.
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Every now and then our routine gets interrupted by something unexpected.

Lily threw up her breakfast after today's morning walk. I tested her BG and it was 62! Gave her some Karo syrup and a Pepcid. She seems fine and just chewed a Greenie. She'll get her normal dinner tonight.

Hopefully, everything is OK and she's just keeping me on my toes

Last edited by MikeMurphy; 04-18-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

They like to keep us on our toes!

Craig
            Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9˝ years.

Comment

Jesse did not want to eat her dinner last night Her belly was gurgling and could tell she had some upset

i took out her sweet potatoe and she ate but it wasnt with that zest she normally has

I watched closely and saw she wanted to but couldnt . If she did not want to eat i would not force her

i did give her a reduced dose and she was a bit higher this morning but she felt good . I think she ate something on our travels that did not agree with her belly

hope it just was a bit of tummy upset for miss lily
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Every now and then our routine gets interrupted by something unexpected.

Lily threw up her breakfast after today's morning walk. I tested her BG and it was 62! Gave her some Karo syrup and a Pepcid. She seems fine and just chewed a Greenie. She'll get her normal dinner tonight.

Hopefully, everything is OK and she's just keeping me on my toes

Well things got worse over the next few days with her repeatedly eating grass and then throwing up. So I switched her meals to boiled chicken and brown rice. I also eliminated her Novolin R and reduced her Novolin N dose a little to compensate for the diet change.

Today she is back to normal, but I'll continue with the boiled chicken and rice until it is gone and then switch back to her normal diet and insulin.

I don't think it was pancreatitis because she did not seem to be in pain... hate pancreatitis.
                Last edited by MikeMurphy; 07-26-2017, 05:57 AM.

Comment

yes i would say a pancreatic attack

Its good you recognize it take appropriate actions so it doesnt turn to something worse

The thing about people who take an active role in the management of this disease can be leaps and bounds above caretakers that don't with making adjustments when needed which you have done with lily

good job
                  Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                  Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Thanks jesse girl. After several restless nights, she's slept straight through for the last two nights. Looks like she's recovering well.

Comment

Great! ... Not too many things more upsetting for a diabetic dogie's dad than when the patient's not feeling well, and dad doesn't know why.
                      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Hope her recovery continues and she is good as new!
                        Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Hoping Lily continues to feel better. Such a beauty, that girl.
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

jesse girl, Bill, Amy, Patty... Thanks! She's feeling much better now and back to squirrel watching

Last edited by MikeMurphy; 04-18-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Are you a Professional Photographer Mike as your pictures are perfect.
                              What do you use, and how do you put them up here like you do.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyr View Post
                                Are you a Professional Photographer Mike as your pictures are perfect.
                                What do you use, and how do you put them up here like you do.
                                I was wondering this as well. Always such great pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X