Want to acknowledge dedicated members and challenges for some of us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to acknowledge dedicated members and challenges for some of us

I want to personally thank everyone who has dedicated so much time recently to responding to the many new members at the forum. I know how much time and energy that takes, and I am deeply grateful to everyone here who gives that time and energy on a daily basis and to the many others, who, like me, can't contribute daily but contribute as much as they can whenever they can.

You can't really understate the difference your help makes to these dogs and to the people who love them.

I mentioned a few months ago that I have had very limited online time recently. And, especially lately, have been working behind the scenes to help some dogs off-forum when their caretakers have, for various reasons, preferred not to use a forum environment.

I foolishly took on a long-term work assignment and did not adequately consider how it would impact my forum time!

I know we have all had to focus a lot of attention on the "fires" - urgent, crisis cases where a dog's survival is at stake. And in the process, it has been difficult at times to respond to questions that are not dire emergencies but are still very important. And so many busy threads means multiple pages of recent threads with new posts.

So newer members, feel free to "poke" us to respond if we haven't responded yet to your question. We don't want anything to fall through the cracks and we won't be offended if you need to remind us to take a look at something.

You are always welcome to send me a Personal Message or an email (k9diabetes@gmail.com) if you feel like something needs immediate attention. While I'm working, I check my email constantly and will be alerted immediately to a need.

Again, my heartfelt appreciation to everyone who gives so much here. It makes a huge difference, one dog at a time.

Natalie

Re: Want to acknowledge dedicated members and challenges for some of us

Natalie...being new here, I just want to thank you for this wonderful site! I have learned so much just reading past posts, going to the links offered and watching the video's! Putting together such an awesome site with all the people that obviously care...that is a gift in itself. Thank you!
    Mel
    Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

I agree with Mel! This site has been so helpful to me as a new member and mom to a newly diagnosed diabetic dog. The more I browse older posts the more I am learning ~ so thank you all for your time, knowledge, concern and patience with our questions!!
      Margaret; Teddy is a 10 year old 40 lb. cockapoo; relion-Novolin-N 2x - 17 units; Natural balance fish and sweet potato; blind from cataracts and glaucoma

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
        Again, my heartfelt appreciation to everyone who gives so much here. It makes a huge difference, one dog at a time.
        I would echo this sentiment. I will never forget what it felt like to have people to ask questions to and who would share their experiences with me with I was new to canine diabetes.

I am not here as often either right now because we are moving in the next month. And I would hate for anyone to feel they were falling through the cracks with questions. Many thanks to the members who offer so much of their time and advice.
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I would also echo exactly what has been said about how much this site has helped us.
          It is possible that we might have given up on Eddie because of his awful neuropathy if it had not been for people on here, so we are hugely grateful (and so is he!!).
          Antonia
          Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Natalie,
            I want to Thank you and all the other members that are here that are so caring and helpful. The day Bogie was diagnosed was a very scary and confusing day for me, finding this forum was a God send.
            I know I still have so much more to learn, but now I have a good understanding of what is going on.
            Without this forum I truly believe Bogie wouldn't be doing as well as he is doing today.
            I was away from the forum for a short time due to my own medical problems but hope to be back more now to help those that are new and as scared as I was when I first came or to help calm those nerves that still can get flared up with those occasional curve balls that our pups can throw at us at the least expected times.
            Thanks again for having K9Diabetes.Com
            Bogie is a 8 year old 24 pound Miniture Schnauzer, Dx on 08/24/12. Home cooked diet formulated by Just Food For Dogs, Switching from Levemir to Vetsulin.

Comment

not sure what i would do without all the help i have received from here. i am still that nervous scared mom!~

everyone has been VERY helpful.. the mods have comforted me during my anxiety and you all have made sure i get the help i need.

THANK YOU!!!~ i hope you all know that i might not have survived this with out all the help during my freak outs!!~ i just don't think there are enough words to say how grateful i am!!!~ HUGE help!!!~

~zulu~
              scottish terrier. 8 years old. diagnosed 3/22/13. 8.5units twice a day N. and hills diabetic dry food/scoop of RC wet diabetic wet food/sprinkled with blue mtn limited ingredient.

Comment

AMEN!!!

This site rocks and the members even more so

Tami, Soapher and Sydsta
                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Ditto to everything said!
                  Melinda & Maggie,14 yr. old mixed breed adopted in August 2001. Novilin N, 18u 2x a day; Alpo and Beneful canned food; she's getting up there, but doing alright! Blind, deaf, arthritic, but diabetes is well controlled.

Comment

I know I wouldn't have gotten through the beginning with Zoe if not for this forum! thank you!
                    Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

The forum is a wealth of information, compassion, experience. I would be crazy wondering what to do without it, and I know it has been instramental in helping me keep Sissy safe Thank you to everyone!!!
                      Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Everyone here deserves a huge thank you! There are questions that only experience can answer. Even though our vets are knowledgeable, they don't live with the diabetes on a daily basis. Knowing I can come here and get feedback and ideas eases my mind. I was able to pick a meter with the help here, which was a huge stress for me! Just that relief took the pressure and worry about managing Cyra's diabetes down many notches. Thank you again for all your help. I know you answer the same questions over and over, but everyone is so kind, helpful and patient. I feel welcomed and that my questions are important.
                        Cyra, 10 old doberman, 70lbs. Eating Blue Buffalo Longevity Mature. 17 units twice daily of Novolin N (Walmart Brand).

Comment

I've said it before, I think Jenny could have died if people here hadn't helped us. We are very appreciative!
                          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

To all my friends at K9Diabetes.... and you truly have become just that. I have never encountered a group of wonderful and caring people (whom I have never personally met).

I think all of us come onto the forum frantic, looking for answers, and wanting a quick fix... wanting something magical to happen. To me this forum was exactly what I was looking for.... it has been truly magical!

Thank you Natalie, and to everyone that makes this forum a success.

Barb
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Will be forever grateful! Joined having no idea what a cbc or curves were. The collective knowledge not only helped us navigate diabetes, folks here also helped me understand neurology and gave me the confidence to fight for Decker's health. Thank you all!
                              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                              X