20 months since we lost Spirit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 months since we lost Spirit.

It’s been 20 months and not a day goes by that I don’t think of my big guy BUT today I have wonderful news. My Breeder “Watchbear” Newfoundland’s gave me a call to let me know I have the pick of the liter. Introducing Watchbears Spirit & Grace... (Gracie) is ready to come home. 8 weeks old, 18 lb. Landseer. We are driving north to Medina Ohio, picking up our girl and heading back to Florida till May. I miss you all very much and will never forget the help that this site provided (to me and Spirit). We are leaving early Monday morning and will be back by Wednesday evening.
    Last edited by jim maceri; 01-20-2018, 07:57 AM.
    Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Re: 20 months since we lost Spirit.

Wow! Gracie’s a beautiful pup and a lucky girl. Have a safe trip.
    Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
    Diabetes: Aug 2013
    Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
    Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

what a cutie . i am sure this one will enjoy the Florida trips as spirit did
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I miss hearing about Spirit too. Gracie is entirely too too cute! What a lucky girl to get you guys as her humans.

Congratulations!
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Oh my goodness she is adorable! I hope you’ll keep in touch and post lots of pictures as she grows! What part of Fl are you in. I live in Leesburg Fl now.
          North of Orlando

Comment

Congratulations..I can actually feel "true happiness" for you and Gracie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

Originally posted by Scootersmom View Post
              Oh my goodness she is adorable! I hope you’ll keep in touch and post lots of pictures as she grows! What part of Fl are you in. I live in Leesburg Fl now.
              North of Orlando
              We have a home in St. Augustine😎
              Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Comment

What a cutie, Jim! No doubt Spirit is quite happy for you and Marijane, and of course for Gracie. She's one lucky pooch to get adopted by you two!

Hoping for a HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR for you and your family.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

awesome Jim. a healthy journey for your Gracie. she's soooo cute.

safe travelling .

please post more pics Wednesday okay

mo
                  Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                  20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

She's a doll. Love her markings! Looks like she might grow into a big girl. You are lucky.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

So happy to see you have a new baby. I found getting a puppy was a welcome change even though there will never be another Maggie for me just like Gracie won’t replace Spirit. They all have something different and special to offer us. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and stories of Gracie.
                      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I am so happy for you Jim. Something about a puppy that heals...but like you said and many others, no one replaces the ones we lose. Everyday I think of my Abby.
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

We miss Spirit and miss you!

And would love to hear how Gracie is doing?!?!?!

Natalie

Comment

Working...
                          X