Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you

A quick and not over the top post to just say on this Thanksgiving holiday -

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

For your support and friendship, we would be lost without you!

A special note to the moderators who unselfishly watch this board and offer help, support and guidance - 24/7. It doesn't go unnoticed how hard you work. I couldn't pay you enough if I tried!

So, thank you from the bottom of Pip and my heart! Even when I don't post, all of you are never far from my thoughts and well wishes.

Have a wonderful holiday tomorrow!

Pam and Pip

Re: Thank you

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - big thanks to the moderators!

Tami, Soaphie....oh yeah, and Sydney!
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. This forum is a life-saver in every sense of the word. I too am so thankful for it and for everyone here who has helped Gretel and me through this diabetes minefield.

Thank you all, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Carolyn and Gretel
      Carolyn & Gretel - 12 yr. old mini-schnauzer - diag. Jan 2010 - lost her courageous battle with multiple issues on Feb. 17, 2014. So sadly missed by her family.

Comment

Ruffles says, "My thoughts, exactly!"

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone! We are grateful for all the help and support we've received from the people here.
        Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
        Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
        Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
        Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving All! It's nice to have so many people to share experiences with .
          God bless,
          Patty
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.

We are shivering down here - temps in the 30s, which is ridiculously cold in these parts!

Natalie

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Watch out for counter surfing tomorrow LOL. Love having all friendship here furry and not!
              Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Ah. yes, Patty, counter-surfing! So many dogs suffer from over-indulgence in the Wrong Stuff on Thanksgiving - even non-diabetic dogs - and at Christmas, and other human-feasting holidays!

Here in Canada, we have Thanksgiving on your Columbus Day, haha; so, being a forum member, I get TWO Thanksgivings! Or, actually, I get approximately 365 of them per year, most years, and sometimes, 366 of them.

Among the things I give thanks for are, very high on my list, this forum and its members, site-owner (yes, YOU, Natalie), and moderators (Yes, YOU, Patty, and YOU, Peggy). And all the members who contribute, including those who ask the questions.

Natalie - it's cold here, too, below freezing - not all that common in the marine climate I live in, though the Pacific Northwest has places that get very cold indeed; I just don't happen to live in those places!

So I'm thankful that mostly, we have warmer weather.

These days, though Camellia isn't diabetic, I'm taking 15 minutes to suit up (harness on, coat on, leash-clip attached to harness ring that I bring through the hole I cut in the coat, attach the all-tape Flexi to the leash clip - AFTER I belt the handle of the Flexi FIRMLY and securely over my jacket, so the handle can't chase Camellia if i drop it by mistake). And when we come in, 15 minutes to de-brief - undress, one item at a time, and then warm paws in my hands, which I've inserted in gloves for the walk!

No treats on walks, when both my hands are gloved; haha! Too complex. Flexis can be dangerous, and require skill and practice and attention to use safely. Till Camellia, i hadn't used one for well over six years. My previous dogs, several, didn't enjoy the snow, but Camellia likes it, and dances around in it, with considerable disregard for the possibility of frostbite to paws and ears.

My Flexi is all-tape - the ones that have cord instead, it's hard to see the cord, and tape isn't a lot, but it's somewhat, safer than cord, if it gets wrapped around a body part.

And I give thanks for having Camellia, who is an inspiration and life-saver for me! As was Kumbi; as was Kwali, and previous dogs as well.

Kumbi and Kwali give thanks from the Bridge, and, reluctantly, refrain from raining down turkey GRAVY for diabetic dogs on Earth. Even for non-diabetic dogs, because gravy (not to mention grapes) can be a disaster for the dog-body.

Well, THAT was a ramble; I'm often guilty of that!

Love you all! Keep up the great work!

Breathe!

Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:22:01 (PST)
                http://www.coherentdog.org/
                CarolW

Comment

I honestly am not sure that Bob would be with me today, and feeling so well, had I not found this forum. Had he just continued to get worse, I would not have allowed him to suffer much longer.

I hope I can stick around long enough, and learn enough, to be able to give back even a bit of what I've learned here. Pay it forward, you know? Maybe it won't be here, but I have no doubt the opportunity will present itself. It always does.

Special thanks to Natalie and the moderators, but also to those who just offer an encouraging word. All of it makes a difference, and all of it matters.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Craig & Bob

Comment

Happy and safe travelling on Thanksgiving from your Canadian neighbour.

Ditto on the thanks to the moderators. I learn so much just reading about everybody's thread

Thanks
                    Louise

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone on the Forum

Hugs

Margaret
                      Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

I know I've been a little scarce lately, but wanted to pop in and wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for this board and everyone who participates. Whether it's explanations and guidance from the experienced or warm welcomes and messages of support, together I think it all combines to form the best online community on the net!

We had our first snow today... Love a holiday snow! Noodle is more excited about the car ride to the grandparents and the anticipation of turkey slipped under the table.

Hope everyone is cozy and warm with loved ones - the furry and the not so furry.

With love & thanks,
                        Daisy & the Noodle
                        Daisy & Noodle - 9 yr old Lab mix dx 1/09 ~ 51lbs ~ 38U Humulin N, 2x ~ 1 3/4 cups am/pm Blue Buffalo dry, 1/4 can am/pm BB Wilderness.

Comment

We too are very thankful for this forum and all the help and encouragement here. A year ago I was just entering this diabetic world and so ignorant and scared!
                          Bagel has had a fabulous year and we continue to learn every day!
                          HAPPY THANKSGIVING to ALL!!

Sande and Bagel

Comment

Working...
                          X