new stem cell treatment for diabetes 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new stem cell treatment for diabetes 1

Anybody heard more about j and j stemcell treatment for #1 diabetics.?????

Its stem cells put in a capsule that gets put under the skin
    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Re: new stem cell treatment for diabetes 1

Only what I see in this article: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...-cure-36704965

I'd have no desire to use anything involving embryonic stem cells, and not just because of my own beliefs on the issue. Such stem cell use is notorious for causing other problems. I've always thought that if all this time and money had been put into adult and cord blood stem cell research..we'd be in much better shape.

The therapy involves inducing embryonic stem cells in a lab dish to turn into insulin-producing cells, then putting them inside a small capsule that is implanted under the skin.
    "More research is needed to continue to understand its impact," she wrote, adding that researchers must fine tune the device and determine whether there are any unforeseen safety issues.

Comment

It's been too long about this thread! Guy's you think this kind of treatment really works for our baby?

Comment

I believe my daughter was part of this or another study. She found it very difficult and painful. She probably wouldn't go through it again. It was a study from somewhere in the US although she did it through the University Hospital in Edmonton AB.

Comment

Working...
        X