My Sweet Bagel in Heaven now..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: red eye

Way too funny- I wait till after feed - shot and eye drops for a glass of something!
    Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Originally posted by jjefferjo View Post
      shot and eye drops for a glass of something!
      You have to be fair:

a shot for the doggie and a shot (of something) for me.

Eye drops for the doggie and a drop (of something) for me.

Water for the doggie, Bahama Mama for momma!
      Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark on a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour. - John Boswell

A Doggy Story

Comment

Ha! Too funny
        Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

A good week and a lot of good laughs and "learning" here!!

I love that our priorities are just what they should be.....

Feed/ shot/ whatever meds/ doggie nap...VINO!!

Have a great FRIDAY!!

Sande and Bagel

Comment

• Sigh-Bagel having issues

Bagel has had two weeks of terrible eye issues..green discharge gluing her eyes shut..new vet sent me some drops..not much help..New drops. a little better.
            Weds she wouldn't eat anything for breakfast..no energy..moaned when she repositioned herself...eyes worse...so I took her in....her teeth are bad now that the diabetes is going on three plus years..she is almost 13...Eyes were totally dry so we got drops for that. One ear was infected and I had no idea! Got drops for that..antibiotics for the teeth. her glands were swollen in her neck...she aspirated them and sent off for testing...She has a fat little belly...She has been off Lysodren for a month (Cushings disease 4 years) We were giving her a little break from the harsh medicine.

This Vet thinks she may have cancer..the round belly..moaning...lack of appetite...

2 days into all those meds and she has a fabulous appetite..eyes are cleared up and will be using those drops for life...She is very uncomfortable lying down except when she is on lots of pillows...Glands have gone down..

So hoping she is WRONG about the cancer...I have been rather mopey and tearful-
            Any experience out there? Trying to be strong...
            Sande

Comment

• Re: Sigh-Bagel having issues

I have no experience but I hope she is wrong too. Darn it. Hugs
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Hi Sande,
                I also hope your vet is wrong... Bagel is in my thoughts.
                Dawn
                Last edited by BogiesMom; 11-25-2012, 06:01 PM.
                Bogie is a 8 year old 24 pound Miniture Schnauzer, Dx on 08/24/12. Home cooked diet formulated by Just Food For Dogs, Switching from Levemir to Vetsulin.

Comment

those beagles are very stout little guys long lives and can handle quite a bit my jesse just amazes me what she came back from looking back she may have had signs of cushings we never looked into it and it was never suggested the belly disappeared and her coat got better it may have been all diabetic contributed.

it just shows the abilities of these hounds and how they can come back

jesse is only eight it it gives hope to look at your bagel that she could be around for awhile

dont have any advice just support and improvement in symptoms and the hope bagel feels better soon
                  Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                  Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

thank you all! We appreciate the love!

Comment

Sande, Sure hope the vet is wrong. Will keep Bagel in my prayers.

Jake
                      13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                      At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you are worried about Bagel... did they do blood work? If so, any issues apparent with that?

The fact that the glands shrunk quickly in response to the antibiotic seems like a good sign to me.

Natalie

Comment

no blood work then...so many issues that day- suggested a new ACTH test next month for the Cushings...fluid may not show anything or it may. Guess blood and or xray if not?

Comment

Blood and x-ray or ultrasound. Could be there was just the infected teeth and ear and the lymph nodes were swollen in response.

Did the vet or have you been able to pinpoint what still hurts her when she is lying down?

Could be something completely unrelated... soft tissue injury, arthritis, belly pain...

Natalie

Comment

This Vet thinks she may have cancer..the round belly..moaning...lack of appetite...

2 days into all those meds and she has a fabulous appetite..eyes are cleared up and will be using those drops for life...She is very uncomfortable lying down except when she is on lots of pillows...Glands have gone down..

So hoping she is WRONG about the cancer...I have been rather mopey and tearful-
                              Any experience out there? Trying to be strong...
                              Sande
                              Hi Sande,

I certainly hope the vet is wrong about cancer. My dog had cancer and is currently in remission. I know it's easier said than done but don't give up hope. If Bagle is having something going on in her abdomen I personally would want to have an abdominal ultrasound done to either confirm or rule out an issue. That's how my boy's tumor was discovered. Part of the vet's thinking was based on Bagel's lack of appetite and that's already been corrected with meds.

Feeling mopey and tearful is totally understandable. Just remember, nothing has been confirmed. Keeping you and Bagel in my thoughts and prayers.

Louise
                              Last edited by LuvMyMunchie; 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM.
                              Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

My beagle nibbles had a large tumor on his spleen years ago. It must have been there awhile but he didn't show any discomfort. He did lay his front down and butt in the air and when he layed down he would kinda roll onto his side and sleep. Didn't really think anything if it until one night I got home and he was sitting there so sad and walking around mopey. We took him in and they did X-rays then ultrasound and said the tumor on his spleen. Vet says he could have pulled it when trying to jump that night and the tumor and spleen were removed, non- cancerous, thank god. It was a scary few days prior to surgery because his spleen could have ruptured at anytime.

Recovery was quick and he was back to normal.

Good luck!
                                I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

Working...
                                X