Eddie Is an Angel - Loved, Released, and All Promises Kept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Eddie Is an Angel - Loved, Released, and All Promises Kept

So very sorry to read of the passing of Eddie.

You gave him a most wonderful life and the revised title of your thread says it all.

Louise

Comment

Thanks everybody for your thoughts and kind words.
      About three weeks ago Ed started sneezing and developed a one side nasal discharge that didn’t get any better even after antibiotics. It worsened, prognosis wasn’t good for that.
      Ed was struggling and had become fragile and after being up with him one night listening to him struggling I kept a promise made last year.
      At 6am tried to reach his vet, who was off and I did not want him to have another night like before.
      There is a lovely vet here in town that comes highly recommended for in-home euthanasia for pets. I researched her about 2 yrs ago when Ed was so sick. his crossover was lovely and quiet in his bed in his home
      Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

So sad to learn of Eddie's passing. Never forget the good times...
        Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

I keep coming back to see if you've commented. You and Eddie overcame a few bumps in the road the last few years but I totally get the fragility.

It was a hard promise to keep. Still thinking of you. xoxo
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by jjefferjo View Post
            Thanks everybody for your thoughts and kind words.
            About three weeks ago Ed started sneezing and developed a one side nasal discharge that didn’t get any better even after antibiotics. It worsened, prognosis wasn’t good for that.
            Ed was struggling and had become fragile and after being up with him one night listening to him struggling I kept a promise made last year.
            At 6am tried to reach his vet, who was off and I did not want him to have another night like before.
            There is a lovely vet here in town that comes highly recommended for in-home euthanasia for pets. I researched her about 2 yrs ago when Ed was so sick. his crossover was lovely and quiet in his bed in his home
            Oh my heart is so sad for you. I am hugging you tightly...
            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Dear Jj,

You are the best. There is no better Dog Mom than you. My personal belief is that the love you have for Ed, and he for you, will hold you close forever. So glad that his crossover was lovely and quiet.

With our love, and hugs to little Bo,
              Glennys and Jeb
              Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

Jj

Woke this a.m. To find your thread. It breaks my heart to read of one of our babies passing. Over the years you have taught and encouraged many including myself. Promises kept my friend! Love, prayers and strength being sent your way,
                Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Comment

I don't know what to say...I'm so sorry.
                  Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

• I'm so sorry for your loss
                    Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you as you grieve.
                    Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

I'm so sorry to read your post. I hope the knowledge that you kept the most difficult promise to your wonderful Eddie be some comfort to you. Having recently been through that sad goodbye with Clyde's brother I can say that his quiet passing in a patch on sunlight on his favourite rug has brought me some comfort. When your arms ache to hold Eddie just one more time, may the peacefulness of his passing will soothe you as well. xx
                      Clyde: born 21 Feb 2001, dx Dec 2013. Caninsulin 2 x 5u, Prednidale, Pred Forte eye drops. Weight 4.75kg

Comment

How wonderful he was home, with you, in his bed. May we all be so lucky to leave here so peacefully
                        Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Oh Jj, I am trying to get caught up after traveling and will be traveling again this weekend for a funeral.

I am so deeply sorry to read about Eddie. You surely did keep all your promises and he knew your love through and through.

Sending you virtual comfort and prayers as you grieve his loss. A loss we all feel here...
                          Blessings,
                          Patty
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about your Eddie but it sounds as if you did all you could and made sure it was very peaceful. I hope all your happy memories of him help you through this sad time.
                            Antonia (and the other Eddie)
                            Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

JJ I am soo sorry. He was a tough and mighty trooper. And he couldn't have been loved more by you or all of us in the forum!! My hear breaks for you
                              Run free and happy at the bridge sweet Eddie
                              Hugs
                              Sandy

Comment

Hey Jj,

I lurk a lot on here nowadays with Gigi, but I remember really feeling a connection with someone who had another feisty terrier who was diabetic. Thinking about you.

-Kat
                                Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

Working...
                                X