Lacey crossed over Mar 30, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lucky Lacey Mini Schnauzer Rainbow Bridge

My little sweetie crossed over today. My heart is breaking, but she had so many issues - she was blind and deaf, and her liver and kidneys were failing. She stopped eating, and also had a very enlarged liver. The ironic thing was that her blood sugar was still pretty good. She would have been 9 in June, but I had to let her go. Thank you all for your help in the beginning of our journey together.
    Lucky Lacey - 30 #, 7 years old in June; diagnosed Feb 2015; cataracts appeared May 2016. New food - Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat; 18 U Vetsulin twice a day.

Comment

Re: Lucky Lacey Mini Schnauzer new diagnosis

My heart breaks for you. Having lost my boy Gus, also a schnauzer, only 3 weeks ago, I know exactly the pain and heartbreak you are feeling. With the special bond we have with our sugar babies, it's so very hard. My heart still hurts, and there is such a void. I still find myself watching the clock for testing/feeding/insulin times. All I can tell you is to hold onto those special memories and let yourself grieve.

Run free, sweet Lacey. Meet up with my boy Gus and run together.
      Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
      10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

Lots of things you have no control over but your love and taking care of lacy made this part of her life still fulfilling and rewarding
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

So sorry to hear your Lacey passed. She knows you gave your best efforts and she's waiting for you at that better place.

You have my deepest condolences and Godspeed to Lacey.
          Last edited by farrwf; 03-31-2018, 07:52 AM.
          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear about Lacey. And she was so young. That's just not fair.

Looking back at your first post, you were so frightened for her when she was diagnosed with diabetes. That was a little over three years ago so I know you put up a good fight for her and will miss her desperately.

Sending her a kiss,

Natalie

Comment

Re: Lacey crossed over Mar 30, 2018

Lacey was so young...I am so sorry for your loss...my heart goes out to you..
              Mochi is a 11 year old Pomeranian. Weighing 11-12 lbs
              Diagnosed with diabetes February 2016
              Had cataract surgery June 2016.
              On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. Lacey was way too young, but you did everything possible to make her healthy. She is now free of struggle.
                I loved reading about her. I once had a Lacey as well.

Hugs,
                Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

I am so sorry about Lacey. It is so devastating and I hope your good memories can give you some comfort and peace. The bond we have with our dogs are so deep and losing them is so difficult. I was lost after we lost Maggie but every day gets better.

Take care of yourself during this time. Fly free, Lacey!
                  Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. This forum has been a godsend not only for me and Lacey but for all of our members whose little ones have had problems. God bless you all.
                    Lucky Lacey - 30 #, 7 years old in June; diagnosed Feb 2015; cataracts appeared May 2016. New food - Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat; 18 U Vetsulin twice a day.

Comment

Working...
                    X