X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How the Hank Turns

Shellie
    Come on back when you can - we all understand
    Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

I wish you some sunshine Shellie and the energy to go out in it.

I know I get some degree of SAD too. I have a light box, but so far haven't pulled it out yet. I also sometimes take vitamin D for a bit of help.

Take care of yourself. We'll be here when you are up to it.

Tara
      Tara in honor of Ruby.
      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

If I remember correctly, you've survived a fair share of Bufffalo, NY winters. In knowing that, I know you must have a hearty soul as those winters are not for the average person to withstand. I'm a couple hours East of there but close enough to the Lake that we get our share of Lake Effect snow - but we still don't compare to what the folks in Buffalo have experienced. Hope the rest of this winter passes quickly and that when you are up to it you pop in to say hello. Give Hank a big hug for me!
        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

At least the days are getting longer now, so that's a good thing! Good to hear from you, Shellie, and come on back when you're up for it.
          Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

Always nice reading your posts....look forward to reading them again when you feel able to post... Hugs to you and Hank

Comment

Great to read your post Shellie and to know that you guys are ok. We are here when you feel up to posting again. Hugs to you and handsome hank! Xxx
              Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

I was checking the posts to see if you have been on. Good to know you and the Hankster are helping each other thru the winter. Well, at least you are helping him!!!

It's been a dreary day here, too. Forecast is for rain the next seven days. It's hard to stay on top of things when it's that way, for sure.

Hang in there!

{{{hugs}}}

Mary
                Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
                Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
                Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
                Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Still hanging in here! Hank is, of course, just great! The levemir seems to keep him pretty stable...although I worry he gets a bit low at times. We have food down all the time now but he's sort of eating on a schedule. About four meals a day. Seems to work for him. Of course..cat food remains his favorite meal...the booger!

He's on rimadyl full time now along with his pepcid and that keeps him feeling good. The two times I took him off, he was lame on that back right foot almost within hours. Haven't tried it since. It's just too hard to see him so weak and hurting!

I'm doing ok so far this winter...holding my own. Working on getting as much sunshine as I can...walking Hank before work really helps a lot! Just need to get thru the next couple of months and we'll be in the clear for another year!

I do miss you all very much and will be back when I can! Must go look at a few posts to catch up a bit on my favorite pups! Lots of hugs and puppy kisses galore!
                  Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Hang in there, Shellie and Hank - glad to see you back!

I'm seeing ALFIE's avatar where yours belongs! Don't know if that's me, or what!

Delighted to read your report, Shellie - hang in there! You too, Hank; be good! Yeah, hahaha!

Love and hugs,
                    Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:10:17 (PST)
                    http://www.coherentdog.org/
                    CarolW

Comment

Originally posted by CarolW View Post
                      I'm seeing ALFIE's avatar where yours belongs! Don't know if that's me, or what!
                      I take that back; whew! It's ME! I kept remembering Alfie's coat - went and checked, and sure enough; that's HANK in your avatar, not Alfie.

Hi Alfie! Hi Hank!

Yeah, Kumbi; you're so right; I got it all mixed up!

Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:13:31 (PST)
                      CarolW

Comment

Thanks, Carol! Good to be able to pop in now and again!

I did forget one thing...just tonight...in the light powdery snow we had, I noticed Hank's footprints had a drag mark on the left back foot. Very slight but I think he might be compensating for the other back foot. Little more weight on the left to light the load on the right. So perhaps the rimadyl isn't working 100 percent. I'll have to keep an eye on it but I think he's ok.

Just one more crappy part of getting older! This goes, that goes...this falls apart and that just falls...lol Don't you love it! Hugs!
                        Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Yeah - then there's US, Shellie - I am beginning to feel my age

Hope Hank hangs in there with his rear legs.

I'll be glad when winter is over!

Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:16:10 (PST)
                          CarolW

Comment

Love the new avatar, that is the best I've ever been able to see Hank's face! so glad the two of you are hanging in there. this getting old IS for the birds. Days will start getting longer now, hugs to you & Hank! Judi
                            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Good to hear from you, Shellie!

Sounds like Hank's doing great.
                              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Lovely to have your news Shellie! So glad that Handsome Hank is doing well - hes so luck y to have such a fab mum!

Hope the weather improves for you and that the sun shines . I always hated winter in Ireland - we very seldom got snow but it was always so grey and depressing with lots of rain - so I totally understand.

Hugs to you both!! xxxx
                                Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

Working...
                                X