Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiggy, a work in progress!

Definitely thinking of Tiggy tomorrow.
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

We're with you in spirit!

Hoping & praying for a good outcome.

Bill & Otis
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Thanks everyone!! Will let you know how it goes!

Sandy

Comment

Sandy,
          Checking in on you and Tiggy tonight. I'm guessing you and your husband have your hands full with taking care of your girl but I hope the surgery went well and she recovers quickly.
          Will try to check back in tomorrow.
          Patty
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Lol hands not too full... She's drugged and sleeping like a baby!!!

Soooo glad that's over though!! She did great with the surgery. The surgeon said said he removed the entire gland and a 1cm mass was found in the gland. I should have the pathology report within a week

She came home with clavamox, metacam and Tramadol. Their main concern is infection.... Just a tad difficult to keep that area clean especially since she has wanted to go out every 15 min for the first hour she was home and poop. I'm sure she feels the need, but a whole lot is not coming out, just enough to make a mess of her rear

She did get to eat 1/2 a meal tonight, which she scarfed! and tomorrow she can go back on her regular schedule. I was surprised her fasting tonight was only 305. Could have been much worse

I know lots of you have given your babies these meds she's gonna be on and I was wondering if any of them had an adverse effect on the BG??? Hopping not so ill know for sure if she goes crazy high then we'd be looking at an infection. I would so want to catch that earlier than later!!!

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers from everyone... They worked!!!!

Hugs
            Sandy and the sleeping little diva, Tiggy

Comment

Sandy, so happy Tiggy did great with her surgery. Reading your post. Know she has the worst part behind her. I have no experience with these drugs & how they affect the BG. So no help there- Just can send support your way. I know you are anxious to get results back. Sending healing thoughts your way !
              Elaine & Abbie
              Abbie, 12 yr old black,Hound, Lab mix?Diagnosed 2/28/13- 21U Novolin N(eff. 9/20/13) Science Diet Adult lite 1/2 +Science Diet WD+ Canned WD Wt-61.0# - Abbie's Mom

Comment

Sandy
                Great news that all went well for Tiggy. You must be so relieved. Hope her BG's stay in a good zone - as long as there is no infection and she has no pain ( tramadol is great for this) she should be ok. CJ has been on tramadol in the past with anti biotics and anti inflams and his BG was fairly good . So fingers crossed for little Tiggy.
                Anne-Marie
                Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

So happy things went well. Continued prayers for an infection free recovery.
                  Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Great report, hoping all the findings go your way!
                    Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

great news! lot of baths for the Princess!
                      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

So happy to read that the surgery went great Sandy

My Cleo is on Tramadol and it really takes care of the pain but she is not diabetic so can't really say if it would affect bg's

As for the Metacam, when I needed to give it to Buddy, one vet once told me that I should give it to him when he peaks. Buddy's numbers were so irregular that I couldn't even tell you if they were because of the drug.

Hope she bounces back fast and you don't have any complications (yep, not an easy place for a puppy to have surgery)

Louise

Comment

Sandy.

Oh great news for Diva Tiggy..... I think Abby was on Metcam when she was in the hospital, a few years ago... and her BG levels were great back then, so I don't think it will make it rise..... however, pain will.

So, if Tiggy is experiencing some pain, I would suspect that her BG's may be higher.

Whew.... glad that is over with.

Barb
                          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Briefly cking on
                            Tramadol would drop Eddie's Bg
                            Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Metacam upset Decker's tummy, never so much he didn't eat though. Raised his bg a bit but probably more from the discomfort than the meds. Tramadol did not impact his bg in July 2012 but did lower it in Nov. 2012. Could have been from pain relief in November.
                              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Such great news about the Diva. Hope she is feeling good today and well on her way back to ruling the world.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
                                X