ReliOn insulin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReliOn insulin

Just saw a few minutes ago on the ReliOn Facebook page that they are asking to be notified if your Walmart is out of insulin. They would need the name / location of the store.
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Re: ReliOn insulin

Happened to me last Christmas. I was horrified but everything worked out okay obviously. Just went to one of the THREE Walmarts in Lincoln, NE to choose from. Such a love hate relationship I have with that company...
    Karen & Sammie 65 lb Female Golden Retriever/Collie 12 years old. Addisons and diabetes diagnosed June, 2011. 15 U am/ 8 U pm Novolin N & 2 mg of Prednisone/day. 3 cups Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Lamb split into 4x a day feedings.

Comment

My mother used to make me feel shame whenever I went to walmart...since Ruby's diabetes I'm a regular.
      Tara in honor of Ruby.
      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubytuesday View Post
        My mother used to make me feel shame whenever I went to walmart...since Ruby's diabetes I'm a regular.
        Just always be ready to to take a few pics of "Walmart People".
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

A friend of mine has stated that she has recieved a confirmation reply from ReliOn FB stating that ReliOn Novolin is now being shipped to Walmart Pharmacies.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

That's helpful for me since we are using Novolin now. But interesting they would switch back from Humulin to Novolin so soon. Wonder what the background story is on their contract.
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
              Wonder what the background story is on their contract.
              Bet it is about the money. Just hope they are able to keep the retail price at $25. It's been $25 for at least three years, not much today is the same price for three years.
              Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Facebook Posting by ReliOn rep.

Like · · 20 hours ago near Gilbertsville, PA
                  • ReliOn Sharon - Novolin/ReliOn insulin is now shipping to Walmart stores replacing Humulin/ReliOn.
                    9 hours ago · Like

Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Seems kind of out of the blue. No forewarning they were switching up.
                  Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Here is a chart comparing insulins that had been on the ReliOn site a few years ago. The chart indicates there might be some minor differences between the Humulin-N and Novolin-N. I don't recall anything major when we changed from Novolin to Humulin two years ago, but I'll probably back off about 10% on the dosage and run additional tests for a few days when I switch over to Novolin.
                    Attached Files

Comment

In a very brief search, I turned up this article from July. Could be Eli Lilly is balking now at selling it for the low price and has refused to continue their contract with Walmart.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...lin-brands-mrp

Comment

My local Walmart is out of the Humulin N Relion brand. Not liking having a switch forced on me. Will the Humulin N still be available even if it's not the Relion brand?
                        Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Originally posted by Shellie View Post
                          My local Walmart is out of the Humulin N Relion brand. Not liking having a switch forced on me. Will the Humulin N still be available even if it's not the Relion brand?
                          Sure (I think) at the normal $75ish price. Give them a call, would be interesting!

Comment

I think I'm going to give the Novolin a whirl and see how Gigi does. That price point is just so hard to pass up. I can't swing paying $75-$95 a bottle of Humulin on a regular basis
                            Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

you may see a better response with change

if you are seeing really good blood sugar i guess change might be a more difficult decision
                              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Working...
                              X