• Show
Clear All

• New Member Precious

Dog's name,breed:
    Precious, Rat Terrier Mix

Weight:
    12.5 pounds post diabetes, before diabetes she was portly at above 20 lbs

Diet:
    Orijen,Wellness Small breed, and Whole Earth Farms Canned or homemade mix of chicken, veggies, and oatmeal

Insulin:
    Vetsulin

Number of Units Per Injection and Injections per day:
    2.5-3 units twice a day

Re: Your dog's diet, insulin, and meter used

Originally posted by aangulo View Post
    Dog's name,breed:
    Precious, Rat Terrier Mix

Weight:
    12.5 pounds post diabetes, before diabetes she was portly at above 20 lbs

Diet:
    Orijen,Wellness Small breed, and Whole Earth Farms Canned or homemade mix of chicken, veggies, and oatmeal

Insulin:
    Vetsulin

Number of Units Per Injection and Injections per day:
    2.5-3 units twice a day
    Hi and Welcome!
    I think I can safely assume you've been lurking and know the questions we'll ask!

How long has Precious been diagnosed as diabetic? How is she doing? How are you doing? Most come with questions, but with just an introduction, is it safe to assume you've got a handle on this?

You have found a great place! I hope if you have questions you'll ask and please feel free to share your experiences! We do like to get to know the new members!
    Mel
    Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Re: New Member Precious

Love the 'portly', welcome to the forum!
      Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Working...
      X