Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice Please

Hi Guys,
    I have to get a urine sample from my non diabetic female schnauzer for my vet. She wants to R/O cushings with a urine test and they would like first urine in the morning...
    Ok, problem is... She is a "Lowwww Rider" and I was wondering if any of you had any tricks with the low riding females
    Thanks in advance for your help...
    Dawn
    Bogie is a 8 year old 24 pound Miniture Schnauzer, Dx on 08/24/12. Home cooked diet formulated by Just Food For Dogs, Switching from Levemir to Vetsulin.

Re: Need Advise Please

Dawn: Jenny is pretty low. I've used a disposable aluminum pan modified to be even lower and transferred it after I got some. I sure hope it isn't cushings.
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Dawn, you can use the modified aluminum pan like Judi mentioned but you can also improvise and make one of your own with a heavy duty foil or you can use a long handled, serving spoon. That's what I used....slid it right under Lulu and then transferred it to a little, clean plastic storage container. It's best if you get the first pee of the morning before food and meds.

Glynda

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
        Dawn: Jenny is pretty low. I've used a disposable aluminum pan modified to be even lower and transferred it after I got some. I sure hope it isn't cushings.
        Me either Judi!!! I really do like this new vet and I was happy that she chose this route... She said it made no sense to put Cassie thru a strenuous test when we could hopefully R/O with the urine test. I'll let you know and thank you for the suggestion.

Originally posted by Lulusmom View Post
        Dawn, you can use the modified aluminum pan like Judi mentioned but you can also improvise and make one of your own with a heavy duty foil or you can use a long handled, serving spoon. That's what I used....slid it right under Lulu and then transferred it to a little, clean plastic storage container. It's best if you get the first pee of the morning before food and meds. Glynda.
        Thank you Glynda!!! It's good to hear from you... I'll try all suggestions and hope to get it on the first if not second try.
        Last edited by BogiesMom; 12-26-2012, 09:51 PM.
        Bogie is a 8 year old 24 pound Miniture Schnauzer, Dx on 08/24/12. Home cooked diet formulated by Just Food For Dogs, Switching from Levemir to Vetsulin.

Comment

Re: Need Advice Please

Hi Guys,
          Thank you all for your help... I finally got it =)

Comment

Re: Need Advice Please

Good to hear Dawn. Hope the results are negative.
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
            X