Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Franklin has diabetes

Hi Jane,

So glad you the inject ease arrived and is doing it's magic. I am sure it will only get easier for you. Isn't it a great feeling to get the injection done without a struggle. Wishing you continued good luck.

Jenny
Old 09-28-2012, 06:30 AM

Hi Anne Marie, Shellie, Patty, Jenny and everyone

Thanks so much for your encouragement and understanding that Franklin shouldn't be a pin cushion while I figure out how things work I'm glad that I'm not the only one who does things like that

Well, as thought I did jinx us for the morning shot he squeaked .Think I wiggled it while trying to push the plunger. I finished up and checked the needle. There was still a half unit in there. So I put the needle back in and got that last half unit in. Not a peep
Oh, morning fasting was 14.3/ 257

Tonight's shot went better. I tried to do it without tenting, and Franklin moved, and the needle came out. There was a tiny spot of blood, but no squeak. Re-cocked it, by this time he'd finished his plate of goodies. Thinking that if I go and get some more, that pause might get us both worked up, so I sat and propped him on my lap. Got him (and no spilling!!!) Oh I really do love our new toy! I have my mum standing by to catch it on video when I'm better at it. Will happily post it/email it for uploading.

Franklin said thank you for his kisses, Shellie

Love and hugs
Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:42 AM

Happy to know things are getting easier for you Jane. Funny how they pick when to squeak and when not to - they really do know how to play the humans in their lives!
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Cheering you on Jane!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 PM

Thanks Holli and Patty

This morning's shot was easier still. I didn't tent his skin, just kind of pushed it so it sat higher. I can rotate areas better now too so that has to be better for him.

I have my camera lady lined up for the morning shot tomorrow. Video should be uploaded sometime tomorrow, unless he squeaks for it
Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Good to hear Jane
Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Oh I can't wait to see what this looks like! Will be anxiously awaiting! Tell Franklin I'll give more kisses if he's a good boy for the camera! Hugs!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:23 PM

Jane. I can't wait to see the video!! Franklin ..... A new movie star .... Next thing we know he'll be packing his bags and heading for Doggywood!! Xxxx
Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:08 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NRSM-_ZhVPU

Me thinks this will take you to the video

We're using the .5cc adaptor to match the needles, and the small spacer to limit the depth of penetration. The squeal sound at the end is from me.

No muppets were harmed in the making of this film

Thanks again Mum, love ya!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:27 PM

Well..poo! I get the main page I think but then when I click the video, it won't display!