Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: Patty's Ali - my precious, beautiful angel

Oh patti

I can't even see the keyboard through the tears Ali was so much of all of our hearts. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tim. I hope Ali is playing with Forbes at the bridge smiling down on all of us.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:58 AM

I am so very very sorry for your loss, I just find it so hard to believe she has gone. You did all you could for your beautiful girl.
Sending you hugs....
Old 10-28-2012, 08:25 AM

I really, really cannot convey my loss of words and sorrow for the loss of Ali. Such a beautiful spirit. I just feel silent. I hate having to write at this moment anyway - I wish I could just come over and be with you.

God will give you peace Patty and Ali will always be with you.

Love, Pam
Old 10-28-2012, 10:44 AM

Tim & Patty.....there are simply no words I can say to convey my sadness and grief for both of you. Your commitment to Ali was truly inspirational to all of us. I have never seen nor known anyone who did everything for the good of their beloved pet as you did. Even when the time came to make the hardest decision your love for Ali shined. She trusted you throughout her life and you maintained that trust all the way to the end.

It's hard to write thru my tears right now but please know that we will be praying for you and Ali will always be with you in the car, on walks and forever in your heart. I'm going to lay with Spirit right now and hold on tight because all of us will have to face this some day and I just hope I am confident as you should be that I do the right thing when the time comes. God Speed Ali.....say hello to all our loved one's over the bridge.
Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Patty, I am so very sorry. I know how hard it is to make the decision, but its a gift to be able to do this for our pets. You worked so hard for Ali, and it was clear that she loved you and her time with you. But to relieve her suffering, you let her go and it was the right decision considering the gravity of her seizures.

My best wishes to you and Tim and your angel, Ali. The pain does lessen with time.
Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:16 PM

Patty and Tim,

I am finding this very difficult to send... Peggy has just emailed me to tell me.

My heart is breaking for you both.....I know Ali was so very very loved. You and me and Lucy and Ali have been through a lot together. Also all our other wee angels who have passed on.

I want to say I am so sorry and Ali will be running free Patti and free of pain. It is a sad sad decision we have too make.......but it is best for our wee angels and the kindest thing we can do for them at the end.

You have a lot of lovely memories and Ali knew she was truly loved.

God Bless you both and I am crying for you both.

Hugs

Margaret. xx
Old 10-28-2012, 01:02 PM

Patty and Tim
I am so sorry for your loss of Ali. You are both so special and Ali was blessed to have you looking after her through all her challenges. I know that no words can help at this awful time. Sending you hugs and prayers for your angel Ali.
Anne- Marie and CJ
Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:55 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.
Run free sweet Ali.

Jake
13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016
Old 10-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Founding Member

Dear Patty and Tim,

It is love that gives us the strength to make the decision to help them on their way when they are in pain and no longer have a "dogworthy" life. It is one of the hardest but kindest things we can do but it doesn't make it any easier. I feel for your loss and hope you can soon just remember the good times with Ali.

Jenny
Old 10-28-2012, 04:33 PM

Patty and Tim,
I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard when a member of your family passes. The sweet memories of Ali will fill your heart and the sorrow will go to a quieter place. Ali was met by others and shown the way. All are now playing and running happlily at Rainbow Bridge.

Sharon, Angel Baby, Monday and Trooper