Chris passed away August 1, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris passed away August 1, 2008

This seems like a good way to get Chris' thread started!

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday and since Chris was born sometime around the end of March 1994 we decided to make his birthday the same day - Chris is a pound pup adoption so we don't know exactly when he was born - my husband and his daughter adopted him in September 1994.

So tomorrow Chris officially makes it to 14!!!

Last year on March 31 we were at the ER vet, facing the possibility of congestive heart failure. The lasix injection, even though it was modest in amount, upset his kidneys and he was turning down food and coughing... We were very worried... I didn't think he'd see Christmas. But thanks to a new cardiologist and lots of expensive medications, he made it not only to Christmas but to his birthday too! Yay!!!

Baby Chris after his PDA-correcting surgery, late 1994...

Chris this spring...

Happy Birthday Poopster!

Natalie

Re: Chris - Turns 14 on March 25

He's a cutie, this is for you Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSuJ0YaJxgI
    Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Happy Birthday, Chris!

May you have many, many more!

Love,
      Jac, Ella & Angel Jenny
      xxx ooo

Comment

Happy Birthday Big Boy...
        Wow... 14.... Thats great !!!!
        Congratulation's Natale.... Hes reached this fine number only because of all your methodical care......

Hers to 15... next year !!!!and 16!!!!! and who knows how many more !!!!

Comment

Aww...Natalie, he is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations on the wonderful job you have done managing his health issues, while at the same time making sure he knows he is loved. You two are the greatest!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!!!!

Love and hugs, Teresa and Ricky

Comment

HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!!!!!!!

Natalie,

Chris is one handsome guy. I love the baby picture of him. You have done an awesome job with him. He sure is lucky to have you for his mom. Hugs to you and Chris.
            Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Eyelostit, apparently Shiva dances too! Thanks!

I was just looking at his two pictures... apparently at some later time the rest of his body grew into his ears!!

Natalie

Comment

Two boys - one birthday celebration! Hope they got cakes! Chris of course has to have a 'special' one - cause he's the OLDEST!

What a lucky pup he was to have been chosen that day at the pound. Another lucky day was when YOU came into his life Natalie! He was home free and still doing well at 14! Amazing!

Happy Birthday Hugs! Jody

Comment

Happy B day Chris You are a handsome boy!!!!
                  Marianne and pebbles
                  Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

Happy Birthday Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    This means you are 98 and may I say you barely look 40!
                    Big HUG and KISS

Comment

Does it just seem like yesterday when you took the first picture?

Happy Birthday Chris! Glad you are here with us. Let's look forward to the coming happier healthier year ahead.

Thanks for putting Monk's picture up Natalie!

Comment

Happy Birthday Chris!! It's so wonderful that you turned 14! Sorry, but Crissy, the boys and I were traveling home from Florida on your big day!

Bonnie and Crissy

Comment

A belated happy birthday to Chris and your hubby, Natalie! What a cute puppy picture of Chris (and the current one also!). We should have a gallery of "baby pictures!" Age 14 is a mile stone, for sure. I know that the love and care that Chris has had from his family has made a difference. You should be proud parents!

Happy Belated B-Day!

Jeanne and Kiska

Comment

Re: Chris - Heart rate has increased

True to form, Chris is being worrisome... after all, it's April.

His heart rate has jumped up into the 160s even at rest. I emailed the cardiologist and she wants him checked for signs of congestive heart failure so we are seeing the vet tomorrow afternoon for a chest x-ray, an ecg, and possibly a quick ultrasound of the abdomen to see if any fluid has accumulated there from right-side heart failure.

Congestive heart failure is inevitable... I just hope we aren't there yet. His heart is already severely enlarged so it's only a matter of time before it fails to keep up with his needs. The problem is he's very sensitive to Lasix. Even a small dose is hard on his kidneys so we have tried very hard to avoid having to use it.

I'm hoping hoping that this is more a combination of his chronic lung disease and allergy season than a deterioration in his heart function.

Today it was the cat who was at the vet. Gus is limping so we started him on a little Metacam tonight and will see if it improves. Gus is not a big fan of medical care...

Natalie

Comment

Re: Chris - Turned 14 March 25, Heart Rate is Up, Going to Vet

Hi Natalie,

Sorry that Chris is having some problems. Sending prayers and positive thoughts that it's not his heart. Good luck at the vet's today. Hugs to you and Chris.
                              Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Working...
                              X