Izzy is at peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A New Canine Companion!

Oh Mary, so sorry you had to say goodbye to Miss Izzy.

Know in your heart that you gave her more life and love than she would have ever had if you had not taken her in your home and in your heart.

Do take care of yourself and enjoy your trip, you have well earned it.

Louise

Comment

• Re: Izzy is at peace

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this. No one could have cared for her more. I know you will miss your companion, even with the level of care she required. Glad you were both there. Safe travels on your trip.
      Patty
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Oh Mary,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your Izzy. You gave the best care to izzy, with all of her health issues. She is at peace.

Hugs,
        Barb
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Thank you each one for your kind remarks and well-wishes. We read your comments--and cried, of course. We know we did the best we could for her and that this was the best decision. I appreciate your comfort and encouragement that you, too, feel the same.

We have talked about how to use the paw prints Leah made. Since we have prints of Ruffles' as well and Leah works in clay, she might make some a coffee or tea cup for each of us. One for her with Ruffles' paw prints and one for me with Izzy's. That would be nice.

Love to each of you,

Mary
          Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
          Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
          Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
          Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Ah, I'm so very sorry Mary and Leah. You were such a blessing late in Izzy's life. It's a lot of pain for you to go through and I know Izzy would thank you for all that you did for her.

Natalie

Comment

I'm so sorry Mary. Know that Izzy is at peace. Praying for peace and comfort for you!
              Mel
              Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. It helps to have so many kind and understanding comments. Each of you knows this pain and how we miss our little ones. I'm at work now and I miss having her stretched out behind me on the chair. It was her favorite spot here. When I had her here on Friday, I didn't dream it was the last time. That's probably a good thing, though. It's been hard enough knowing this day would come without knowing exactly when.

Love,

Mary

PS Thank you, also, to whomever changed the title of the thread. She is truly at peace now.
                Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her

Comment

It really takes a special person to deal with this kind of pain over and over again. Thank you mary you are a saint, but your babies already know that.

Comment

Mary,

I'm so sorry to read that your tiny rescue, Izzy has left us. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

mary it was time

i know izzy did not want to be a burden and i know thats not a big deal for you but dogs just dont enjoy that , they like to provide joy and when they are not able to do that they are not happy

it was a wonderful gift you provided for izzy hes providing happiness on the other side now
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I've been a bit out of touch, coping with stuff; only just got caught up here. Big hugs to you, Mary, and Leah. And to Izzy up there at the Bridge; she's frolicking now with Kwali and Kumbi, who recognize her as a soulmate.

May blessings rain down on you all.
                        Fri, 19 Jul 2013 06:38:14 (PDT)
                        http://www.coherentdog.org/
                        CarolW

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss, Mary. You are a saint for rescuing and caring for Izzy in her final phase on this earth.

I'm sure there is a special place for you in heaven.

Bill & Otis
                          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Oh Mary - so sorry to hear this.

You gave little Izzy such a great life in her senior years.
                            Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Thank you my dear friends for your words of comfort. I am back in the states now. We had a good trip, but are understandably tired. It always takes a few days to recover. Good sleep helps, too. Need more tonight, but feeling better than yesterday.

I miss my little girl, of course. I keep reminding myself it was time to let her go. That doesn't lessen the loss. There is so much here in the house that reminds me of her, and there is no need to arrange my schedule around her needs. I'm glad she was here, even for the short 2 1/2 years we had her. I had hoped for five but that was based on the early information that she was about 10 years old. I know each one of you understands.

And I am grateful!

Mary

Comment

Mary,

Welcome back! We do understand. I know I will feel guilty and sad not to wrap my schedule around Abby.

I think it is wonderful that you gave Izzy the best two + years of her life, when she needed someone to care for her the most.

God Bless you, Mary

Barb
                                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
                                X