Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com

Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com The new www.K9Cushings.com is open! So this former temporary home is closed to new posts. Please go to www.k9cushings.com and check to see if your membership transferred there. It will remain viewable, however, until the transition to the new forum at http://www.k9cushings.com/forum is complete.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Interim CC

Default Re: Internet Archives

Well you had better luck than me!!!!! I found less than half of my pages.

But, I'm still glad for you, Ken.

-Susy

BTW - since the posting order goes from most current post to last (reverse of original cc.net), the page numbers change - you referred to post #30 - and I'm going to edit it to clarify things.

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 04-20-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Interim CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Hi Kim,

This is the search page I found for you:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ne...r=all&filter=0

Please note that there are 2 pages.

I didn't copy & paste the cached links like I did for Sharon because I'm finding that sometimes the links aren't working - even though I was able to open them originally from the search page.

-Susy

I cannot thank you enough. Those pages have lots of memories... thank you from the bottom of my heart. Kim
Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 PM

Thanks Susy for the instructions. I have been able to find an "archived" version of Sabre's thread up til February - plain text but all the details. Have found the original pg 1-3, 5-6, 11, 14, 15, 17 cached.

Angela and Sabre
Old 04-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Interim CC

Just wanted to say that with these cached versions you need to save them somehow - PDF or Word or whatever - as they will not be out there for ever. From what I've seen most cached versions are only kept by the search engines for about 3 months or so.

http://www.searchengineshowdown.com/.../archive.shtml

Alison

PS: I've managed to track down quite a lot of Julie and Pip's thread, BTW. After failing to find much of mine I thought I'd test drive the techniques suggested my looking for their thread. (Julie - I can email what I found to you if you want me to.)
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 AM

Post Re: Internet Archives

Here is a little bit of information on the internet archives of CC.net on Sept 2007.
It has the most relevant information on "Important Infomation and Ressources"

http://web.archive.org/web/200701061...x.php/f-8.html

Hope it helps.

Marcela & The Choco labs
Old 04-21-2009, 10:37 AM

Hi, all! Thanks to everyone's great directions, I was able to pull up my Maggie's full thread. I am trying to put together a memory box of her things and my posts will definitely be part of it now. (FYI, right before the website went down, I had posted that Maggie had lost her battle on March 12th -- it took me a few weeks to be able to post about her. I am doing better now knowing that she is no longer in pain.)

Judy
Riverview, FL
Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 PM

Is saving them in Word ok, or do they need to be in PDF format? I am familiar and comfortable with Word but don't use the Adobe, etc program much at all so don't know much about them. If Word is ok, then I will save them that way...if not, I will send the saved Word docs to someone who can put them in PDF form.

I had copied Squirt's thread a while ago but when I restored my system, I didn't copy them thinking they would be on the site to get again....that nite was when the site crashed! geez....oh well, I do have all her test info and diet info saved, thank goodness!

Ok, back to work.....
Old 04-21-2009, 03:27 PM

I didn't think of saving them to word. Was getting ready to break the new internet policy at work and print 50 pages from the internet! Thanks Alison and Leslie! FYI - what I did is find a cached thread with Google Advanced Search, viewed it as text only (upper right hand option) then right clicked, select all, copy and pasted it all into a word document. Wahoo!! Thanks again - Joyce
Old 04-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Founding Member

Hi all,
I think I found ALL of Lady's story, using the google advanced search. I needed a new ink cartridge to print it off and it took a while. Some of the pages were separate and the rest were all together. I had to go slowly, figuring out what I had printed off last night and piecing it together with what I found today. Text version is the easier to print...
BUT I HAVE OUR STORY.... and it looks like the manuscript for a book!!

Thanks for the tips to find it...I'd never have been able to do it on my own. I hope everyone is able to find theirs...I've just been sick, thinking ours was all gone.
Take care,
Jo-Ann & Lady
Old 04-26-2009, 08:23 PM

If anybody comes across pages 4, 5, 6, of Roxee's thread, I would appreciate if you could send me the link. The links I am finding are not cached.

"Roxee 13 y.o. Shih-Tzu/Lhasa mix - PDH - on Trilostane

or

Is it too late to try Trilostane?

Thanks
John