Dear Champ crossed the bridge today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dear Champ crossed the bridge today

You kept my life balanced, and I owe you the world. May you find peace and solitude in your rest big guy.
    These words resonate with me. I am so sorry to hear Champ crossed the bridge today, but what a wonderful day you spent together. He was so obviously loved...but who couldn't love that handsome face.
    Rest in peace dear Champ. And lifting you up, Shawn.
    Patty
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I'm so sorry. Run free sweet Champ.

Jake
      13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
      At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Oh, that picture is a heartbreaker... I'm so very sorry to know that Champ lost his battle with osteosarcoma - what a dreadful disease. I love all of the things you did his last day...

It is so hard. The more you love them, the more you grieve for and miss them, so I know your grief for Champ is huge.

Sending a gentle hug skyward to your boy,

Natalie

Comment

What a beautiful picture - such soul in those eyes. It sounds like you had a wonderful final day. I am so sorry for the loss of Champ- wishing you peace and comfort.
          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I'm glad he had a terrific day. my heart just breaks for you looking at your big sweet boy. RIP Champ.
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thank you very much for the kind words everyone. Keep up the good fight! This site helped me quickly learn how to balance life with a diabetic dog...or rather my best friend (next to my wife of course). If it were only the diabetes we were battling, I know Champ would be comfortably resting at my feet as I type this (his favorite spot while I'm on the computer). Unfortunately, we had a much harder fight to battle once diagnosed with osteo sarcoma EXACTLY two months ago today. We won a few battles, but the cancer won the war.
              Again, my thanks for the kind words.

A good front yard cuddle yesterday....can't imagine not having those moments any longer.
              Champ 8yo St Bernard/Rottweiler mix. Pancreatitis 11/12, diabetic diagnosed 2//13. HumulinN, Relion Prime

Comment

So sorry for your loss.
                Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

I am sorry that Champ is no longer with you....but he had a wonderful last day on earth. I'd like to think that he will be waiting for you some day searching for you with those big soulful eyes at the bridge.

Barb
                  Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

What a lucky boy Champ was to have such a special and fun filled last day. He was a handsome boy and I hope in time fond memories help ease the pain of his loss. RIP sweet boy!
                    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Aww the cuddle picture on the lawn kills me. You can see you both melting into each other wanting to stop the hands of time.

I also let my Ruby go last Wednesday. She is the sixth dog I have buried, but the first that I truly feel her spirit still with me. My promise to her is to make time to strengthen that connection with her and the others that have gone before her. My first dog also succumbed to osteosarcoma.

What a scary thing when he hurt his leg today. I am sure in the end the wonderful day was very much worth it.

I hope you can feel Champs spirit and the big guy can offer you some comfort. It is so hard for us that are left behind.

Tara
                      Tara in honor of Ruby.
                      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Love the lawn picture. Such a strong bond of love and friendship.
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

So sorry we have this in common. I lost Bear today so I know exactly how you feel. So sorry for your loss. Its crushing. But I know our friends are no longer suffering.

Comment

Just like too many times in our community I woke up and read your posts...couldn't stop the tears as all of us understand the commitment it takes to care for our fur children and the deep deep love we feel for them. My thoughts and prayers are with you. The last day together sounded wonderful and simply puts a huge exclamation on your love.

Jim
                            Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Comment

A great picture of you two cuddling. I'm so very sad for you.
                              Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. Champ looks like he had the 'right' name. I wish everybody could spend a last day with their dogs like you two did.

Bonnie and angel Criss Ann

Comment

Working...
                                X