Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A New Canine Companion!

you do such a great job with her
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Oh Mary,

I think we all dread the end... we care so much for them, and encircle our lives around them, that when the go, they leave a huge hole.

Holding you and Izzy close... Just snuggle and enjoy the time you have with her, as I do with my Abby. There is nothing like nestling my nose in her fur, and just smelling her, and taking her in. (the Honest Kitchen makes this an enjoyable thing to do)..... I'm sorry, here I am bawling, and now make a funny remark.

Hugs to you.
      Barb
      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Such a heartbreak to see them slow down. But so glad you are enjoying your days together right now.
        Hugs Mary,
        Patty
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

It takes a strong heart to take in a senior dog... But the difference it makes to the dog is so precious. Bless you for giving Izzy this time.

Natalie

Comment

Checking on you and Izzy, Mary - yeah; hold Izzy close and bury your nose in her hair. You're in my heart. Big hugs.

Wed, 19 Jun 2013 02:22:14 (PDT)
            http://www.coherentdog.org/
            CarolW

Comment

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I am trying to take one day at a time. It's a little difficult to bury my nose in her hair right now. We've given her a "summer cut" because she was getting so hot--even in the house. She's still my little "Princess"; just has much shorter hair now.

Blessings to all,

Mary
              Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
              Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
              Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
              Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Leah is home for the weekend. She sees the decline in Izzy more easily than I do since I'm here every day. She also sees the drain and strain on me.

I carry Izzy almost everywhere--from the bed to the couch, outside and back in. She walks around very little and when she's inside, it's mostly in circles. She's been more nervous the last few days; even I can tell that. She is beginning to pee and poop more frequently, and more often in the house. She went to work with me today and was still very nervous. Gave her more than the recommended Benedryl to calm her down, which took longer than usual. We have noticed that she seems to becoming more incontinent in the last two weeks. She had an accident in the house about an hour ago and it looked like she dribbled before she squatted. She has started licking her paws more often, and even the blanket or sheet on which she is laying. Yesterday, she bit at two warts on one foot until they began to bleed; I did not see her in time to stop her. Medicated them, of course, but they still look raw.

We are going to take her to the vet in the morning, and unless he has some really good news, it may be her last trip. I hope our decision is not only because of the "inconvenience" of taking care of her like a baby. I will definitely miss her, even though I have multiple things to do in the next few days. I will be on my way out of town for two weeks. The plan was for Leah to take care of Izzy. I'm not sure it's fair to Leah to ask her to do that at this level of care since she's trying to complete her master's degree by August.

Please keep us in your prayers. This is not easy.

Mary
                Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her

Comment

always mary
                  Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                  Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

you are definitely in my thoughts Mary. hugs, Judi
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Keeping you and Izzy in my prayers. Thinking of you all today!
                      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Mary you are in my prayers as well as Izzy
                        Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Thank you, each one. We have an appointment with the vet at 10:30 local time (CST). I'm taking some treats to give her and hope to be able to hold her while she goes to sleep. We appreciate your love and concern.

Mary

Comment

We were both with her and gave her treats right up to the last minute. I was holding her as she took her last breath. She is finally at peace. Dr. H said he would have not questioned if we had made this decision three months or more ago because she was so anxious. He knows of nothing more we could have done for her.

Leah made impressions of her paws (in clay) before we left the house. We are having her cremated and will get the ashes the first weekend of August. I will be out of touch for a while during the last part of July as I am going on a (planned) trip.

Thank you again for your concern and well wishes. Maybe I will write more later.

Mary

Comment

I don't see how she could have had better humans. If it helps, please write more Mary. hugs, Judi

Comment

May your sweet angel watch over you as you did so lovingly for her. I'm so sorry for your loss.
                                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                                X