Abby's Story - 12.24.1999 to 12.31.2013 - Forever in our hearts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Abby's Story - 12.24.1999 to 12.31.2013 - Forever in our hearts

So very sweet and spunky! I still have Ali's fur to spin. At some point I will get to that.
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Hi Barb,
      I've been MIA for awhile, but I just saw your post of Abby's passing. I'm so sorry to hear the news. It's a blessing how these sweet, little souls can touch so many lives.
      God Bless....Emily
      Emily & Elliot
      Elliot is a 25 lb. min. schnauzer, 10 yrs. old, dx 3/2013. dx Cataracts 8/2013 resulting in loss of sight. AlphaTrak 2 Meter with Freestyle Lite strips. Hills W/D glucose management kibble with add ins of poached chicken and Beneful soft food.

Comment

Barb, I am just now reading your story about Abby. I am so sorry for your loss, and understand the feeling of holding them until the last moment. You are so right--she will be forever in your heart.

Mary
        Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
        Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
        Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
        Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

I can not believe it has been one year today that we had to let Abby go. I thought I would share some words from an article that I read recently on the loss of a dog, and some of lessons in life.

"So eat the best food you can afford. Go for a walk, even it is raining. Take a lot of naps. Keep your teeth clean and your breath fresh, so that people you lick will not flinch. And when someone you love walks in through the door, even if it happens five times a day, go totally insane with joy."

I know that Abby taught me many things in life. I miss that pup everyday, and will for every day that I am on this earth.

Barb
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

• That's beautiful Barb - sending good wishes your way xxx
            Jen.
            "A dull day, a sad day, a frustrating day - but everything seems bright when a small furry object hurls into your arms & tells you how very glad she is to see you home" (Pam Brown)

Comment

Your love for Abby pours from you, Barb. It just keeps reminding you how good it was.
              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

It IS amazing it's been so long! She was a pretty amazing little person! Thank you for those beautiful words! Think maybe I'll try to live by one or two of them myself! Hugs!
                Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

((hugs)) She was a special girl. Definitely gone too soon. Think of how many people she made happy though.
                  Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Barb,

I can't believe it has been a year. Time has really flown by this year. I know you miss little Abby. That was a neat passage you posted. They teach us so much about life and love! Hugs!

Amy
                    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

ajways good hearing from you barb

seems like yesterday
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Barb,
                        It's still hard to believe Abby is gone and that a full year has passed already.

Love how you honor her memory in those beautiful words and philosophies. May what she taught you over the years help her memory live on with you forever. Happy 2015 to you and yours.

Holli
                        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

• Re: Abby's Story

I always feel I'm at a loss for words to convey just how sad I am for those who have suffered such a loss like losing Abby. Sometimes words aren't enough, but know that I am so sorry. I will pray for comfort and peace for you and yours.
                          Mel
                          Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Wow - a whole year. I don't even know what to say. I do hope that your wonderful memories are now outweighing the sadness of missing her.

Thinking of you...

Tami and Soaph
                            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Barb,
                              Hold on to the memories. Abby was sooo special. A part of her will be with a lot of us... Hope the new year is great for all of you..
                              Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

What a wonderful girl she was. I loved that she refused to walk in and out of a cul-de-sac. I am the same way ,what is the point? Thinking of you Barb and Abby always
                                wow 1 yr
                                Jj and Ed
                                Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Working...
                                X