Maggie earned her wings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maggie earned her wings.

Seeing the others follow Monk just wrenches my gut even more. I am so so sorry. Its such a battle and then all of a sudden its over and it leaves you so empty.

Comment

Yes, It is most difficult. Thanks you so much for your support. I know how you feel. Maggie would follow me where ever I went and every day when I get out of the shower there she would be waiting for me. (even when she was sick) I am trying to change up my schedule a little for awhile but it was hard stepping out of the shower today to a empty floor. I am really trying not to beat myself up.. I know that Maggie knew she was loved and I gave her the best dog life.
      Maggie, 70 lb golden Lab. dx 12/30/11 w/d kibble with a little canned innova, boiled chicken pieces after shot for treat.. starting on Levemir 3 units. 2/25/12

Comment

Diane,

I'm late to 'hearing' about Maggie. Just want to say how sorry I am to learn of your loss. We all know that Maggie is in a better place and that you loved her so.

Hugs,
        Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

Originally posted by bowens2 View Post
          I went to the vets for the first time since Monk died (can't believe it will be a whole month in 2 days) and couldn't quite contain myself the whole time. It was for my other dog Chic but of course we spent most of the time talking about Monk and it was all I could do not to just flat out start bawling. I still want to throw myself on the floor and scream and kick.

Take care.
          been thinking of you Betty, hugs, Judi
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Poodles View Post
            been thinking of you Betty, hugs, Judi
            Thanks Judi. Sometimes I think I won't let it quit hurting because I'm afraid I'll start forgetting the little things.

Diane I know exactly what you mean. The feelings are just so raw right now. My vet even suggest I go to a Support group. I really think this forum is the best support group.

God Bless you and Maggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Roehm View Post
              Maggie would follow me where ever I went and every day when I get out of the shower there she would be waiting for me. (even when she was sick) I am trying to change up my schedule a little for awhile but it was hard stepping out of the shower today to a empty floor
              Oh Diane. I read this and couldn't help but cry. My River did that too. Life is so different now. My thoughts are with you. Hugs.

Comment

Oh gosh...I just ache for you all! I know how hard it is and just wish I could make all your pain go away! Hugs to you, Brooke, Betty, and Diane!
                Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

My condolences to you Diane, Brooke, Debbie and Betty.

Sometimes when I look at Otis and realize he's a bit more gray and frail than he was just a few months ago, it takes me to pondering his, and my, mortality.

Us dog lovers usually have to experience these partings several times because of the life span differences between us and our furry ones. It also seems, because of this disease we fight, our relationships with our furry ones become much more "up close & personal" and run very deep.

Here we are "in the trenches" with our furry ones doing everything and anything we can every day to keep the diabetes at bay and them alive and healthy, then one day it's over .... sometimes very suddenly, and a great big void appears in our life. That very special being is gone from this life never to return again.

To many people they are "just dogs", but to us they are so much more ... they are best friends and family. Our lives revolve around providing for them and because we have become so "in tune" with them the communications are well developed.

Didn't want to ramble but the very recent past has seen Monk, Nibbles, River and Maggie leave us. Makes me sad for all of you as well as more conscious of Otis' mortality.

Until we meet again ... Godspeed to all.
                  Last edited by farrwf; 04-03-2012, 04:36 AM.
                  Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Bill you eloquently put in to words a lot of the thoughts I've been having lately too. thanks, Judi
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

diane,-i"m very so sorry for your loss. i've been reading but couldn't post yet.

bill-i slept up in bed last night for the first time and i usually am up at 6am. i'm still up all night, but this morning i decided to lay there until 8am. came down, poured my coffee and came on to check on everyone and read this. you described it perfectly! i've been through this before, but his time with nibbles is so much different. maybe because after casey we still had nibbles to care for. it is just so strange coming home, waking up, and walking around without one of them being here.
                      i still worry all day in work like i did when he was here and i don't even know what i'm worried about.

i have such a void and hole in my heart like i'm sure diane and the others do too.

every time i come on and see another baby gone it crushes me and brings me back to the day with nibbles. every night, when i lay down, i replay that whole last event in my head and i get so sick to my stomach and cry. i try to think good thoughts from when casey and nibbles were happy and healthy but the bad thoughts push them right out.

to everyone who lost baby reccently, i'm so sorry and i hope it will get easier.
                      I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

Bill, that was very touching and reflecting many of our thoughts.

When we lost Buddy, I also thought we were lucky to still have Cleo and now I look at her and wonder when her day will also come.

That is the beauty of this forum. Everyone can cry, share emotions, reminisce about their furry friends and no one will say to get it together because it was just a dog.

Thank you all for being <you<.

Louise

Comment

Wow, you guys were busy through the night. So true, because of Maggie's illness there was a deep bond developed that only someone who is going through it or has gone through it understands. I knew what Maggie was feeling, I knew what she needed.
                          I absolutely knew the last day it was time. I went for a walk and cried (again) yelled at God,then thanked God for letting me have the last few months with her then I came in and told Maggie she would not have to go through one more day or night feeling this way. The sparkle was out of her eyes. I cooked a bunch of sausage and I took it to the vets with me. I was feeding it to her when she passed, She really wanted it bad. I remember thinking boy this is going to really bring her blood sugar up.

Now the healing must begin, you know in some ways with me, Maggie felt bad through this whole process, I think God was giving me time to prepare. Maggie is with God now she is home, she is happy and she is no longer hurting. My heart is broken but I must go on and believe God is taking good care of my Maggie and I hope she is there when it is my turn.
                          Last edited by Diane Roehm; 04-03-2012, 07:29 AM.
                          Maggie, 70 lb golden Lab. dx 12/30/11 w/d kibble with a little canned innova, boiled chicken pieces after shot for treat.. starting on Levemir 3 units. 2/25/12

Comment

Originally posted by Poodles View Post
                            Bill you eloquently put in to words a lot of the thoughts I've been having lately too. thanks, Judi
                            DITTO

It just breaks my heart when we have lost another, and when I know that each day brings me closer that I may lose Abby.

Enjoy each day with them. I know that eveyone here has the strong feeling, which makes this forum such a special place to visit.
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

I must agree with all the thoughts that have been expressed here. I think of each day with my Hank as a gift. It's a struggle but a blessing all the same. And yes...the losses recently have brought his mortality to the forefront. I wonder how long I will have him, and as Bill said...I begin to notice a bit more gray, a bit more shaking, a bit more old age creeping in. They DO become so special to us during this disease...so very close. But we all remember...whether they are still with us or not...all the good things they bring to our lives and even tho that time is so damn short, we treasure each and every moment. Hugs to all!
                              Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Hello Everyone, just checking in. I went to Wyoming to visit family for Easter hoping the distraction would help but I cried my eyes out every time I was alone. It was difficult to come home as well without my big greeting from Maggie. This will take time. The vet sent me a real nice e-mail commending me for the tremendous fight I put up for Maggie, Just wish she wasn't so sick during the process. I still think something else was going on with her because her numbers were looking better but she was getting worse. I sure do miss her. I no longer go to 7-11 in the morning. I cannot stand to not see her sitting in my truck when I walk out. Anyways just checking in, I sure do appreciate all the wonderful posts from everyone and the encouragement.

Diane

Comment

Working...
                                X