This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you find us?

All you Cushing's Refugees (as John (JohnII)says) would you be able to briefly say how you did manage to find us here. It might help us help some others find us too.

Alison

Re: How did you find us?

Hi Alison

Leslie (Squirt's mom) had my yahoo email and she e-mailed me. I was a member of K9diabetes since 09/2008.

Unfortunately I don't have more emails.

Today I saw that a pop-up shows up when you try to search for CC.net. You'll have to "allow" the pop-up though, and it doesn't automatically redirects you to www.k9diabetes.com/forum/, but that's better than before.

Maybe the pop-up window could be more explicit. My husband's company had the same problem last year, some Russian hackers hi-jacked their web site and they had to put it down twice, and in the meantime their home page redirected all their clients to their temporary site.

Let's hope the problem gets resolve promptly and that all our members find us here at k9diabetes.

marcela & The Choco labs

Comment

Hello Alison (my Northern Neighbour ),

I spent the first few days thinking it was my PC - not the server. But I finally realised it wasn't a virus or spyware or malware on my PC at all that was at fault - after spending a good chunk of Easter downloading and updating and scanning :-)

Luckily my niece came by with an I-Phone and she couldn't get to the site either. Then after forlornly clicking on the link every day - it occurred to me that someone must have found a work-around by now. So I googled "canine cushings forum" and scrolling down the first page of results was a link here.

I just tried it again - now it's on the 3rd page and isn't as direct to the new forum as it was yesterday:

K9 Biographies / Stories - Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum Threads in Forum : K9 Biographies / Stories, Forum Tools .... K9diabetes discussions, Answers - Archive of helpful posts from the forum, Canine Cushings ...
      www.k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5 - 49k - Cached - Similar pages

John II (thought I'd make the title official over here ;-) )

Comment

I found Leslie's email address from the CCAC list and emailed her.

Comment

Hello, Stranger! I'll sum it up in one word, Glynda.

Deb

Comment

Hi,
            I must have clicked on the site 50 times that first day -- just couldn't believe it wasn't there. I even asked our computer tech at work to take a look. Then I tried to think of anyone on the list for whom I had an email address. I remembered that Bettina (BKDice) had referred me to the list back in the fall and I had saved that message. I emailed her and she tracked down Leslie.
            January and Serena

Comment

Wow, those search engines are quick. I found us here at k9diabetes on the top of page 2 of a Google search of "canine cushings"!

Natalie

Comment

Hi everyone!
                This is Harley and Lori joining in and wanting to thank Leslie and Squirt for contacting us and letting us know where to find you all, Bless her heart! I really missed you all.
                Thank you to Natalie for having us here too!

Lori and Harley
                Last edited by Harley PoMMom; 04-16-2009, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Hello all,

I googled something along the lines of "canine cushings forum disappeared". And the first page of results got me here.

I was/am very glad to find everyone here.

Janette

Comment

I remembered that there were some members of the caninecushings.net board whose dogs were also diabetic, so I came here to post and ask if anybody knew where the Cushings site had gone to.

And lo & behold, I found this thread- yay! (and what a relief)

Comment

Originally posted by AlisonandMia View Post
                      All you Cushing's Refugees (as John (JohnII)says) would you be able to briefly say how you did manage to find us here. It might help us help some others find us too.

Alison
                      I joined k9diabetes at Natilie's invitation because I wanted to follow Mik's story and see how he was doing after he left cc.net wit a dx of diabetes. I was keeping tabs on him and Mik and asked Nat to send him a message. Nat said it was okay to join, so I did.

Besides, anyone who has been in cc.net can see Natilie's involvement in cc.net so I went there to send her a mssg to find out if she knew anything and then I saw the Welcome canine cushings. History from there.

I feel connected to my cush support family again.

Comment

Hi,

I remembered that Natalie and a few others were on the K9diabetes forum so just sent an email to see if they knew what had happened to the site. I have noticed today that there is a link to here on page 2 of Google and Ask when you search for Canine Cushings Forum.

Linda and Spicey

Comment

I am on spring break and was blown away when I tried to find cc.net. I remembered some folks were on this site too and was delighted to see a special spot for all of us.

Lyn

Comment

Leslie contacted me via Facebook. Not sure how she knew I was on Facebook because I'm not really that into it. Now I'm really glad that I am on Facebook because I don't know how I would have found this site otherwise.

Heidi & Kira

Comment

Hi to everyone glad to be back.
                              i got an email from Alison and followed her links to k9diabetes thought it was my computer had a virus .
                              Glad to be in contact with you all again and canine cushings net soon sorts itself out
                              Julie Pip

Comment

Working...
                              X