Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com

Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com The new www.K9Cushings.com is open! So this former temporary home is closed to new posts. Please go to www.k9cushings.com and check to see if your membership transferred there. It will remain viewable, however, until the transition to the new forum at http://www.k9cushings.com/forum is complete.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:40 PM

Default Roxee, 13 1/2 y.o. Shih-Tzu/Lhasa mix on Trilostane

Hi All,
First I want to thank Natalie for the opportunity to post here and keep track of our cush support family.

Roxee had a bout with the squirts (No offense to Leslie's baby) diahrea yesterday morning and of course I freaked because she is on Trilo, but then her sister Rozee (littermate) also came down with diahrea. Crappy to wish on Rozee, but made me feel better that it wasn't the Trilo. Tried PeptoBismol, pumpkin and Patty cooked up some bland chicken and pasty rice but to no avail. Last night was the squirty poop night from hell.

Won't go into gory details but the washing machine has been going non stop all day and it's not over yet. We took Roxee and Rozee to the vet first thing this morning. Found some nasty bacteria and blood in there stool samples.
Gave them both a shot of Vitamin B-12 and Bicillin. Follow on by 5 days of Metronidazole liquid and 5 days of Amforal liquid.

Needless to say Roxee did not get her Trilo this morning and probably skip tomorrow if she still doesn't feel good.

We have 4 furbabies in this house and only 2 got the squirts. Thinking it might have been the pumpkin. I in all my wisdom decided to add a little pumpkin to there late night snack and used a spoon that had dog food on it. Patty found this in the pumkin can and told me that's a no-no. Thought she got it all out but maybe the dogfood interacted with the pumkin overnight and caused this nasty bacteria. so why only Rox and Roz. Because the first 2 spoons from the can went into Rox and Roz's dish before Mickee and Littlebit got fed. So it could be the sisters got the contaminated pumpkin and Mick and L'bit got off scott free. I Hope! Can't imagine 4 dogs running around here with the squirts.

John (Roxee's Dad)
PS -Wanted to thank Leslie and Glynda for helping me with this on the PM option. I was desperate.

Last edited by Roxee'sDad; 04-16-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: added ps
Old 04-16-2009, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Roxee, 13 1/2 y.o. Shih-Tzu/Lhasa mix on Trilostane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxee'sDad View Post
Hi All,
Last night was the squirty poop night from hell.

Can't imagine 4 dogs running around here with the squirts.
John (Roxee's Dad)
Try 3 cats and 1 dog exploding throughout the night.... phewww!...arrrrghhh! Happened to me a few years back so I can definitely sympathize with you, John.

Wise move to discontinue Roxee's Trilo while she's not feeling well. Hope Roxee and Rozee have a rapid recovery and no more "running" around. I remember that Roxee had a UTI, had been in misery and was being treated. That's all done and over with now with no re-visits?

Give all your furkids a scritchie from me!

Louise
Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 PM

Hi John,

So glad Roxee and Rozee got some antibiotics and hope they will be "solid" once again real soon. Just keep Mick and L'Bits out of firing range!

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

PS. Ya know, now that you have put this "squirt" business out here in public, I can't promise what my baby's reaction in gonna be....
Old 04-16-2009, 06:51 PM

Hi Louise,

Quote:
Wise move to discontinue Roxee's Trilo while she's not feeling well. Hope Roxee and Rozee have a rapid recovery and no more "running" around. I remember that Roxee had a UTI, had been in misery and was being treated. That's all done and over with now with no re-visits?
UTI seems to be better, she's not trying to run from her own pee anymore. Her twinkie is staying cleaner now. Will keep watching her and may have her checked again at her next stim.

Leslie, Tell Squirt I'm sorry but I couldn't resist.

John (Roxee's Dad)
Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 PM

Hi John,

Poor things - I hope they recover quickly!

John II
Old 04-17-2009, 07:56 PM

Hi all,

Well the poop squirts are gone and they both have there apetite back The miracle of modern medicine.

Wanted to mention that Roxee has not had her trilo for 2 days now and I was really expecting the panting to return but she slept soundly thru the night and no panting today or any change for that matter. I thought that to be strange.

They were both bathed and groomed by their favorite groomer (me) and believe it, they needed it. Finally washed the last load of towels and sheets. We should be back to normal.

Will restart the Trilo again tomorow morning.

Once again, no offense to Leslie's baby, hope she can forgive me

John (Roxee's Dad)
Old 04-18-2009, 08:22 AM

Hi John,

Well that's good news!

But I don't know if the lack of Cushing's symptoms is also good news, or perhaps a hint that the cortisol could be on the low end of the scale?

Hopefully one of the more experienced members has the answer.

Best wishes,

John II
Old 04-18-2009, 08:48 AM

John,

Glad they are on the mend! Hopefully your other two will stay healthy!

MJ
Old 04-18-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxee'sDad View Post
Hi All,
First I want to thank Natalie for the opportunity to post here and keep track of our cush support family.

Roxee had a bout with the squirts (No offense to Leslie's baby) diahrea yesterday morning and of course I freaked because she is on Trilo, but then her sister Rozee (littermate) also came down with diahrea. Crappy to wish on Rozee, but made me feel better that it wasn't the Trilo. Tried PeptoBismol, pumpkin and Patty cooked up some bland chicken and pasty rice but to no avail. Last night was the squirty poop night from hell.

Won't go into gory details but the washing machine has been going non stop all day and it's not over yet. We took Roxee and Rozee to the vet first thing this morning. Found some nasty bacteria and blood in there stool samples.
Gave them both a shot of Vitamin B-12 and Bicillin. Follow on by 5 days of Metronidazole liquid and 5 days of Amforal liquid.

Needless to say Roxee did not get her Trilo this morning and probably skip tomorrow if she still doesn't feel good.

We have 4 furbabies in this house and only 2 got the squirts. Thinking it might have been the pumpkin. I in all my wisdom decided to add a little pumpkin to there late night snack and used a spoon that had dog food on it. Patty found this in the pumkin can and told me that's a no-no. Thought she got it all out but maybe the dogfood interacted with the pumkin overnight and caused this nasty bacteria. so why only Rox and Roz. Because the first 2 spoons from the can went into Rox and Roz's dish before Mickee and Littlebit got fed. So it could be the sisters got the contaminated pumpkin and Mick and L'bit got off scott free. I Hope! Can't imagine 4 dogs running around here with the squirts.

John (Roxee's Dad)
PS -Wanted to thank Leslie and Glynda for helping me with this on the PM option. I was desperate.
"Roxee had a bout with the squirts (No offense to Leslie's baby) diahrea "
LOL! I am so juvenile, but I found this highly amusing! (nothing personal Squirt)
4 dogs with the Squirts would definitely be a nightmare. I doubt you would be finishing up the laundry so quickly
Hope everyone is mending nicely.

Cheryl
Old 04-20-2009, 06:15 PM

Hi All,
Just a quick question:

Has anybody used Denosyl to help liver function? Does anybody have anything good or bad about it.

Note: Roxee is already taking Trilo, Soloxine and Milk Thistle.

Thanks
John (Roxee's Dad)