Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com

Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com The new www.K9Cushings.com is open! So this former temporary home is closed to new posts. Please go to www.k9cushings.com and check to see if your membership transferred there. It will remain viewable, however, until the transition to the new forum at http://www.k9cushings.com/forum is complete.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Pip collie lab x cushings arthritis

Here a link to the freeze spray i use on pip

www.deepfreeze.co.uk THIS IS THE ONE I USE AS ITS DOESNT HAVE ANY ANTI INFLAMMTORYS IN MY VET HAS ALREADY SHECK THE INGREDIENTS AND DOES NOT HAVE A PROBLEM USING ON PIP THERE ARE SOME FREEZE SPRAY OUT THERE THAT DO CONTAIN ANTI INFLAMMTORY'S
bUT PIP CAN STAY ON HIS PAIN RELIEF MEDICATIION WITH THE ONE I USE
TWICE ADAY MORNING AND EVENING I SPRAY ON ALL HIS JOINTS STAND NEAR HIS FACE SO THE MIST FROM THE SPRAY DOESN'T GET IN HIS FACE. JUST SPRAY AND MASSAGE .HE PLAYING AND RUNNING.
AS I'VE SAO=ID IT WORKS FOR HIM.
jULIE pIP

Last edited by AlisonandMia; 04-19-2009 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Fix link
Old 04-20-2009, 11:10 AM

Just to update you all

Pip is fine but he will not being having his ACTH STIM on the 8th may pips doing great its just like having a pup again i've been painting the fence over the weekend and pip eeps trying to run off with the brush to get some attention. the reason being i at the hospital again to see the consultant at the deaf clinic on thursday.then on the 8th of may i at the hospital to talk about surgery for my deafness' so that the reason i've had to cancel his acth stim as there no way i will be back to get him to the vets and noone esle is aviaqble to take him so i've had to reschedule
julie pip
Old 04-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Interim CC

Hi Julie,

I hope he runs your legs off

Thanks for posting the information about the freeze spray, I also know nothing about it.

Scott
Old 04-20-2009, 03:15 PM

Julie,

I am glad Pip is feeling so much better and wanted to wish you all the best with your consultation at the deaf clinic and your appointment at the hospital regarding possible surgery for your deafness. This is exciting news.

Sending lots of scritchies for your boy, Pip and positive thoughts for you.

Louise & Munchie
Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 AM

Hi Julie,

I can just see Pip snatching that brush and taking off with you hot on his tail! That is a most pleasant, satisfying image! And, like Scott, I hope he keeps you running and jumping!

The surgery possibility sounds wonderful and I'm sure it is exciting for you! Please do keep us informed on how it goes for you. I will be praying for the best outcome possible!!! And lighting a candle or two as well.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls
Old 04-21-2009, 01:37 PM

BAD NEWS REGARDING MY BOY.(HIS NOT IN ANY PAIN)

Pip has had a very very nasty fall,and he could not get up at all every time he trie he just can not get up this happened at 1pm today he got up on his legs at 4pm tonight and his legs just gave way .then at 6.30pmpip had another nasty fall he just doesn't seem to have the strength on his back legs to support him.i(i've used the free freeze spray he's not any pain as he will let me touch ) he needs support to go to the toilet or he will be on the floor.
Right now he's in bed i've keeping checking on him to make sure hes ok.
I have to coleect some medication tomorrow morning for him so will have a word with the vet.They may just say rest him for a few days.and if hes know better bring him back
My mum says just rest him as he's been ruuning playing cat chasing and of course running of with my paint brush he has just over done it as its the first time in a long time that he's not been in any pain
OR AM I JUST A STUPDI OVERPROTECTIVE MUM?????????
aBOUT ME I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD ABOUT THE SURGREY AS I HAVE VEY LONG HAIR AND THEY WILL HAVE TO SHAVE QUITE ABIT OF AND I LOVE MY HAIR. IVE BEEN DEAF ALL MY LIFE .AND IN THE LAST 9 MTHS STILL GETTING USE TO THE HEARING AID AN MY RIGHT SIDE WHICH I DO NOT LIKE AS MY WORLD HAS ALWAYS BEEN QUITE SO MY BRIAN HAS TO ADJUST TO SOUND
TILL I TAKE MY HEARING AID OUT THEN ITS NICE AND QUITE AGAIN
I WILL LOOK STUPID WITH MY HAIS SHAVED ON THEE LEFT WITH LONG ON THE RIGHT SIDE
JULIE PIP
Old 04-21-2009, 02:06 PM

Hi Julie,

It may be that Pip has just overdone recently but I think I would have the vet check him out just to be sure. With the spray keeping his pain away, he may have hurt himself and not be feeling it like he usually would. So I would take him in....but I am an overprotective mom!

I can't imagine being in your place. Your hair will grow back just as pretty as ever, I'm sure. In the meantime, you can just set the new trend over there! But there really is a LOT of racket out in the hearing world and it's easy for me to see how it would take your brain a great deal of adjustment to deal with it. Certain types of sounds get to me, they make me anxious and I can't wait till they end or I can get away from them. I love being up in the wee hours of the morning because it is so very quiet and still. Among all the racket, Julie, you will also hear such beauty that it will bring tears to your eyes and an lump to your throat. You have a strength and courage that is admirable.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls
Old 04-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Interim CC

Hi Julie,

I am hoping to "second" everything that Leslie just wrote to you! Everything she said is so right and so true. I am packing tonight for a trip (going to a family wedding), so I do not have much time to post. I won't be back until next week, but I'll be thinking of you and Pip and everyone here who is near and dear to me!!!!!

As always, sending (((hugs))) to you and to our dear boy ~
Mariannne
Old 04-22-2009, 12:47 PM

Hi Lesile,

Thanks for youe advice.
Today Pip is up and walking and his legs are not giving way when he stands up he's just pottering in the garden altough he had i little walk early this morning .;
Spoke to the vet nurse when i collected his medication this afternoon.they advice caution and just rest him for a couple of days.and not let him oiver due as pip needs a hip replacement .but with him being a cushings he would be high dependenacy also the weight is an issues they said would do the surgery upto the age 13 or 14 these surgeon on does large dogs .Anyway lost the track becuse his a cushings pup weight is another factor he told my vet that if he did now and the hip doesn't set theres nothing left for pip so the aim is to get him down to 28kilos and go from there my vet said pip being cushings and the physio afterwards he doesn't have the stamnia as he gets tired very easily
but if he know better after resting and taking things slowly they will get him to see a vet.
But as we know everything that life throws Pips way he just to battle on and get over there courage hes has is amazing when i sometimes think has nothing left its like he smacks me in the face with a wake call not to give up even if he feel really poorly and you can tell by looking at he will still get his toys out and play for a while the just go off to his bed for a few hours maybe the rest of the day .
then there are days when his plays all day running around walks everywhere i go hes there which i love cos his my boy.then a coupple days after it catches up with him and just chills out for a day or so (i really miss him when hes not following me about as we've only been away from each other for 1 night and thats when he had major surgery.and had to stay in the vets iwas gutted that i never got him own till the following day SAD I KNOW)the vet said pip would be bettwer at home with huis mum as they couldn't get him to eat they tried and treid but still so they said if i could get him to eat something i could take him home and he eat for his mum.
sorry for boring you all if you.ve made it this far down
Julie Pippie
Old 04-22-2009, 01:38 PM

Hi Julie,

You're never boring!

Pip's good days/bad days sound like me! Get up feeling good so I go and do, then the next few days I sit and moan & groan, popping pain pills! But those good days sure are nice so I don't blame Pip for ripping around when he's up to it!

Our Ruby needs a hip replacement more than likely but that's just not in the cards. She's our big baby, weighs about 50 lbs. She still climbs the stairs but it's hard on her at times. Then she has times when she jumps and romps around the living room like a puppy! I'm always afraid she'll fall and that will be that, but Jim says let her be happy and he's right. I give her Tramadol when she's in pain but that's not very often. After seeing her Xray, I know she had to hurt more than she shows! They are tough little souls, aren't they?

I'm glad Pip is feeling better and that there was nothing new for him to have to deal with!

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls