Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com

Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com The new www.K9Cushings.com is open! So this former temporary home is closed to new posts. Please go to www.k9cushings.com and check to see if your membership transferred there. It will remain viewable, however, until the transition to the new forum at http://www.k9cushings.com/forum is complete.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Pip collie lab x cushings arthritis

Just a quick update on pip.

He's back running about and playing .In the next few days i will getting Pips pool so he can go and play in there and have fun while i'm getting my garden sorted out.
My problem he has all his cushings syptoms full on i can cope with the excessive panting but the food or the drinking is getting really bad my vet won't do anything as his readings where low she say we just have to grin and bear until he has his next acth stim on 15th may? i went to collect some medication for him tonight and ask the vet nurse if the could test him for diabetes when hes in for his next acth stim she said she has tested him a few times and is happy he doesnt have diabetes (but my vet also said there was no way he had cushings)but we did the 8 hr test and he was caught at the right time as his levels where very high before and after .I say i know my dog and its not like pip to be hungry all the time and thirsty just usually when his cushings plays up and we adjust his meds and his ok .MY vet thinks its behavoiural with pip but no matter how much i feed him fresh veg and his daily allowance hes gone FOOD MAD 'I just dont know what to da anymore .
Pip doesnt think i'm going to naughty to get food his a dog. so i cant understand this hes never been a big eater until a couple of years ago then he was diagnosed with cushings started Vetoryl and his appietite decreased just never got the weight of him which is a big problem.so something else must be going on for him to be hungry all the time,.we've done thyroid test and his low but that comes with a cushings dog .i think they are feed up with pip i sometimes wonder how he would be if he wasn't on such alot of medication
any way thats all
julie Pip
Old 04-26-2009, 02:02 AM

just a quick update Pip is doing fine he's in his pool playing and splashing everyone that walks past him in the garden .he still very FOOD MAD but he's not getting anything except his daily allowance and his veg.
Although i dont think food will really be a problem as he likes to be in his pool all day and most of the night hes in the shade where the sun can't harm him (IT'S REALLY ABATTLE TO GET HIM OUT OF THE POOL AS he perfers playing in there andno amount of bribing can get him out pool but eventually he gets out doesnt like me very much after i ve made him get out but hey its tough being pip really NOT)
well thats all
julie
Old 04-26-2009, 07:50 AM

Hi Julie,

I'm so happy to hear Pip is doing fine and enjoying his pool.

Carol, Winnie (always), McGill & Atty Cat
Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Interim CC

Hi Julie,

I can't even tell you how big my smile was after reading about Pip in the pool. That was a great way to start my day so thanks for sharing.

Glynda
Old 04-26-2009, 11:16 AM

Hi Julie,

Glad to hear Pip is doing better again. Maybe being in his pool and the cool water helps his hip and joints??? Must do your heart good to see him playing and having fun. Does mine good just hearing about it.

Louise
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Interim CC

Hi Julie,

You have been through so many ups and downs. I am glad Pip is doing better and hope you both enjoy the spring.

Scott
Old 04-27-2009, 07:39 AM

Hi Julie,

So good to hear this report on Pip! The pool may really help his legs feel better not to mention cool him off. It's really neat that he likes it so well!

Squirt just hates water and after her leg surgery I was told to take her swimming 4 times a week. So we would go out to the lake, I would walk out as far as I could holding Squirt, then put her in the water and she would swim for the shore like mad! Then the chase was on to catch her again and take her back out. She hated the water part but the chase was great fun and a big game to her! Needless to say, we both slept like rocks on swim days!

Hugs to you both,
Leslie and the girls
Old 04-28-2009, 12:27 PM

Hi everyone

Just to let you know things are very good with pip (i bet you are expecting bad news but i don't have any for you)he perfect playing running and just being a dog rolling cat chasing

Ihoping to put some picture's of pip in the gallery with honey my baby girl they are the last photos of us 3 before she died. (she was a very very poorly girl too and if you knew her would be able to tell from the photo. akthough i a little worried on putting her on as she was a big girl to and i don't want people being horrid about her the reason was cancer and the vet couldn't take the tumors away as if they missed one cell if would have killed her out right so i may just crop her out not sure .

Anyway going back to my lad his in top all kinds of mischief again although he does get tired very easily his still up for loads of fun i do alot of crafts and he runs of with my things when he thinks i've spent to much time crafting the other day i was sprinkling glitter and pip came up nudge me and the glitter went all over him now this is a new game for him.
Also he's being doing some jobs for my mum as she is disabled he helps her by pulling the washing from the machine into the basket and pushes over to the troyble dryer and put the washing in there if my mum drops anything he will pick up for her.he does quite alot for her. no one ever taught he just did _(i sometimes think pip is wasted with me as he would have been a good for the disable ) its not very often he has a grumpy mood even when he really in pain .
sorry for going on
julie pip
Old 04-28-2009, 03:31 PM

Hi Julie,

That makes me so happy to hear how well Pip is doing. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures in the gallery and don't you even think about cropping out Honey.

That is wonderful how Pip helps your mum! I'm sure it makes him feel so proud.

Carol, Winnie (always), McGill & Atty Cat
Old 04-28-2009, 11:03 PM

Julie,

Great to hear everything is still going well for Pip. That is fantastic how Pip assists your mum all on his own with no special training. Wow! Munchie needs to take some lessons from Pip!!!

Louise