Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Daisy's Story

The dog feeder doesn't "calculate" the food, I do. If her nadir is dropping to 70 3 hours after eating on 3 units and I'm at work, I'm going to drop her insulin to 2.5 and somehow give her something to eat.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:59 AM
Founding Member

amazing what these dog feeders can do . hope the snack helps
jesse-26 lbs - 12 years old - 7 years diabetic - one meal a day partially raw and homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of novolin a day sometimes novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar . total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 6 and 8 units of nph insulin depending on her fasting number
Old 10-17-2017, 09:25 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Somebody on here a few years back used an automatic feeder for a targeted snack and it worked really well. I was always very lucky to have Maggie with me at work every day.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:07 PM

just wondering how ur Daisy girls doing

thinking adding water dilutes the strength of the stewby causing the insulin to raise her blood sugar

did u get her weight. a weight loss would warrant a decrease!

its been 5 days on 2.5 units. how's her fasting numbers an 1 1\2 hours after feeding and insulin dear☺

there's other medical issues that cause a reduction in insulin. if this is the reason. feeding 4 times a day is good but she needs a blood work done. but not to worry