This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Light Saving Time

I am soooo confused!!! What will you do???

Just a reminder, and to start the discussion a day early, don't forget to advance clocks before going to bed this Saturday night. The actual time to advance the clocks is 2AM on Sunday morning, but Annie & I plan to be fast asleep at that time!.

So what do we do about meals and insulin?

Going onto Day Light Saving Time means there would be one less hour between Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast because the clocks are advanced (skip ahead) during our normal sleep time. Some folks might give the Saturday evening meal / insulin 30 minutes earlier than normal so that there would be 11.5 hours between Saturday's breakfast & dinner; also 11.5 hours between Saturday's dinner and Sunday's breakfast. (I sure hope I'm thinking correctly! I've been sitting at the computer for 30 minutes trying to think this through!)

WAIT. Wouldn't another way be to give the Saturday dinner at the normal time, but give Sunday breakfast 30 minutes early on the reset clock?

I personally won't make a big deal out of it and just take care of the Sunday morning meal / injection at the "new" 7AM (Annie is on a 7AM & 7PM schedule), meaning she will have only 11 hours between dinner and breakfast. I figure there were several times during the past year when I've had to give her meal / insulin close to an hour off her routine due to other commitments, so this won't make a huge difference (fingers crossed).

Craig

ps. I've been "working" on this post for nearly an hour now and have given myself a terrible headache!
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.
Working...
X