Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introducing Maggie

Thanks everybody for your sweet comments. Maggie is my one in a million dog - I wish I could slow time down a little. She seems pretty happy overall so we just enjoy each day. I got her a really pretty santa dress the other day - i will post that one after Halloween.

We tried trick or treating a couple of years ago walking around with my neighbor's little girl - they were both pirate girls. Some kid had thrown candy on the ground and I had to wrestle it out of her mouth but luckily no harm done.
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Ok, just had to post....this has got to be my favorite costume. I think she could even use it for a White House Gala.

and what's this.... We have a new moderator (did I miss an announcement?) With all that is this forum I think attaining the position of moderator is high praise indeed. Congratulations!

Tara
      Tara in honor of Ruby.
      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

I agree with Tara - just love Maggie's new avatar picture! She is one adorable gal!
        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Aww thanks for the sweet comments about my little diva. She is such a great girl to let me torment her with clothing. She loves attention, though, so I think she really likes to dress up secretly

I have never been a moderator so I am living and learning but this forum is so important and helps so many. I just hope I can do it justice and not mess anything up permanently.
          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

So very sweet Amy!
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Amy that is so nice of you take on, you always provide such good information! Also loving the dress, that Maggie has more clothes than I do!
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

she is just adorable amy

congrats on moderator you will do a great job
                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Amy, congratulations on your new title.
                  So glad that you are one, you always give such wonderful advice, and in such a kind way.

Maggie is such a cutie. I just love, love her dress!!

Barb
                  Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

A) we need a bigger picture of the Diva in her new gown
                    B) CONGRATS ON BEING A MODERATOR!!!!!!!
                    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

So, when people post here about their dog eating forbidden food, I was always grateful that Maggie never even tries to get our food, even if we drop it on the floor in front of her. So, today I had to stop at the pharmacy on my way home. I had gotten the very yummy honey glazed ham for Thanksgiving at the grocery and had the dogs with me. I came out to the car to find her face in the ham bag chowing down! Her face hair is the color of that glaze they put on the ham. I think she only got a slice or two at the most.

She is NOT a cute princess today - she is a total jerk.

Comment

Oh, Amy, I'm so sorry! For most dogs I'd find humor in the act but give Maggie's history, I hope it does not spurr a bout of pancreatitis for her.

When Kinser was a pup we'd cooked a ham and picked off what we could, put it in the fridge and put the carcass in the trash (which still had a healthy amount of ham/fat on it). Went out with friends and came home to find he'd gotten into the trash and picked it clean. He had the runs for a few days but other than that was fortunate to survive his trash diving incident with no other issues. To this day he'd pick it clean again if given the opportunity. When we moved in 2010 one of my favorite features of the new house was that we have a cupboard tall enough to put the trash can in as a lid has never been sufficient restraint to keep Kinser out of the trash.

Hoping for the best for all of you!
                        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

oh my amy

my jesse is a junk yard dog every walk we take entails picking up something to crunch on . the only way to stop her would be not to take her and thats not gonna happen . so far no big problems but yes its very frustrating . i still get upset

in the end dogs will be dogs and look for opportunity your baby probably does better than most not indulging her innermost desires

i dont think a slice would hurt her but we know you will keep a close eye on her

oh the forbidden fruit the sugar pups just love it
                          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Oh Amy,
                            The picture of Maggie buried in the ham is priceless, However, hope all stays well...They sure can trick you.
                            Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

thank goodness you didn't take longer in the store! I hope it doesn't bring on an attack either, little stinker!

Is it cats ham is bad for? I had a client who has about 20 barn cats and she was feeding them some of the free Christmas hams she received till her vet told her it was bad for cats. I can't remember why.

Fingers crossed The princess's system can handle this.

Judi
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

So far so good - no violent illness. Her bg was only 170 at 6 pm. I really expected it to be 700. Her face still smells like honey glaze though. I learned my lesson though. There is a first time for everything and I can't blame her. Those hams smell so good.

I sometimes think it is so sad they can't indulge themselves just every once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X