Walmart no longer stocking 26G lancets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart no longer stocking 26G lancets

I've been running low on lancets, and every time I went to Walmart, there's been a spot on the shelf for the 26G, but no boxes of lancets. I went to several Walmarts, and it was the same at every one. I finally got to talk to a pharmacy tech today. She checked for me, and Walmart is no longer stocking the 26G because most people have switched to 31 or 33. They can special order them, but won't have them on the shelves anymore. Since I'm really low, I'm going to check at CVS or Walgreen's for them, but I guess I have to find a new place to get lancets now...
    Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Re: Walmart no longer stocking 26G lancets

I buy my 26 gauge lancets, at Target, the store brand is up & up. They work just great in the Alphatrak2 tester.
    Roscoe is a 10 yr old, 30 lb rat terrier. Went back on prescription WD on 4/27/14. Taking Novolin N currently 14 units in morning and 14 units at night. Still trying to regulate him, he was diagnosed 9/19/13. Blind due to cataracts. flurbiprofen drops for eyes.

Comment

How much are they at Target? I found some at CVS. I bought them since I was almost out, but they're $6.99 for 100, which is almost twice the price they are at Walmart! They look exactly the same as the Walmart ones too...
      Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

I have noticed this at our WalMart, too, and wondered what the deal was. I use the 26 gauge on Ricky's lip, and it always works so well. The last time I bought lancets, I had to buy 31 gauge, and you can definitely tell the difference.

Comment

Don't know how accurate the ReliOn online search function is, but it indicates the 26G lancets are available only at stores (not online ordered). I put in my zip code and it shows that the 26G are in stock at my local Walmart. I might stop tomorrow and but a box or two.

Actually, the price of lancets shouldn't be much more from Amazon. As long as you don't have to pay $$ for shipping.

Craig
          Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by ceruleanblue View Post
            How much are they at Target? I found some at CVS. I bought them since I was almost out, but they're $6.99 for 100, which is almost twice the price they are at Walmart! They look exactly the same as the Walmart ones too...

The 26 gauge lancets are 3.79 for up&up Target brand, both pink and blue if you have a color preference
            Roscoe is a 10 yr old, 30 lb rat terrier. Went back on prescription WD on 4/27/14. Taking Novolin N currently 14 units in morning and 14 units at night. Still trying to regulate him, he was diagnosed 9/19/13. Blind due to cataracts. flurbiprofen drops for eyes.

Comment

I just bought a box of the 28 gauge Travel Lancets from ADW and it was maybe 17$ - - - Walgreens charged more when i bought them. I do not use the often but they are so quick....

I use the 26 gauge in any of my 3 lancets for my magggies CARPAL PAD....I did buy the 31 G and the thinner 28 G for her LIP if I ever do that...ugggh. so far I am fortunate to get it from her carpal pad after she is sleeping...whew. I think my stress level about the whole testing thing has gotten better too )

FWIW...I am NOT HAPPY with ADW ...they screwed up my order twice in a year...and this time I paid 25$ for overnite just to insure I did not have to get caught up in the WEEKEND saga thing....2 items were missing and they never mentioned it. I had to call 4xs.....now those 2 items that were OVERNITE CHARGE are stll not here and I ordered it all on WED...it is now MON.

sorry...got carried away.

bobbi, WoodlandSetters....ES maggiemay 10- blind, diabetic since 2011...Willie 8 ( recooping from a cervical neck injury )...

Originally posted by Ricksma View Post
              I have noticed this at our WalMart, too, and wondered what the deal was. I use the 26 gauge on Ricky's lip, and it always works so well. The last time I bought lancets, I had to buy 31 gauge, and you can definitely tell the difference.

Comment

Craig, maybe it depends on your area. All the stores near me show "Out of Stock" when I search on the website. The pharmacist in store said there wasn't much demand for them, so they aren't going to be stocking them anymore. They can still special order them, but it takes time to get them in.

Thanks for the tip about Target, Kathy! I'll have to check there next time!

Comment

Annie, with my help, went on Facebook and asked ReliOn about the 26G lancets. Don't know if all stores will have them in the future or not.

Here is the Facebook conversation:

Annie Michelson‎ReliOn
                  18 hrs ·
                  Are the 26G lancets being discontinued? Several friends have reported they are not in stock at their local stores, and the website seems to indicate the 26G lancets are ONLY available at the stores??? As you can see I'm a puppy and have been diabetic for 6+ years. My human parents test me several times a day and the 26G lancets seem to work on my ear better than the super thin lancets.
                  Annie (and human dad, Craig)
                  Like ·

ReliOn Annie - we are having a delay in shipping on the 26G lancets. Will you message us directly with your contact information? I will see if I can have the supplier send some directly to you. We are sorry for the inconvenince. Please let Craig know we are sorry for the inconvenience to him, too. We will also look to see how soon we can get the 26G on Walmart.com. That is an oversight.
                  54 mins · Like

Craig
                  Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

You sincerely put a smile on my face Craig...and Annie! Thanks!
                    Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Hmm, so I wonder if the pharmacist was wrong then? That's a good idea contacting Relion. I think I'll do that too.

Comment

I went to my local Walmart and they had 26G lancets on the shelf, but guess it would be up to each store's buyer to stock.

Comment

Working...
                        X