Novalin N Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novalin N Issues?

Are any of you having NEW issues with your Novalin. I am wondering if my walmart got a bad batch or maybe they have changed formulations? I don't trust the pharmaceutical companies to let us know if there is problem. My vet has also heard of Novalin not working as well for some clients. The last 3 bottles I have gotten have all been the same lot number - FZF0314 exp 10/28
    Denali: 13+ yr old spayed black lab female. Diagnosed Diabetic 02/06/13. Denali:One Dogs Journey With Canine Diabetes This little girl is the light of my life.

Re: Novalin N Issues?

what i have found with my jesse she is not real consitent . i use to blame on the insulin . get a new bottle and the numbers would be about the same

the only time i might see a change with aging insulin at about 2 months

so many factors with the biology of our pets even a change in weather appears to affect some

it is possible there could be a problem but i think they have been making novolin the same way for a very long time

I am one to believe its just the ups and downs managing this disease
    Last edited by jesse girl; 12-20-2016, 01:53 PM.
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I have to concur with Jesse Girl, more likely issues with either a particular individual insulin vial or just those normal bumps in the road that come with treating canine diabetes.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Hi, I had been having slow downward spiral with Maggie and then all of a sudden we are back up over 325 and the numbers don't seem to really come down from morning test to night time test. It is a new bottle and I just checked the alpha trak control and it is within range. Are you having similar problems?

Comment

Working...
        X