Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything that's not related to diabetes in dogs!

Old 09-08-2016, 06:35 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Kinser - Kinser has passed on... August 1, 2016

I'm just reading this today. I'm so sorry you had to let your beloved Kinser go. You were wonderful to him in his last days. Made me cry because I didn't have the opportunity to give Criss one more ice cream sundae.

I'm so sorry.
Hugs,
Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann
Old 09-08-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylynjm View Post
Lol Holli,
You've heard how many of us fail foster 101,lol...

Thanks about Fritz.Sissy and I do miss him. Sissy does seem to be failing.I think Fritz helped her see and kept her moving around more. I think she is adjusting though..

Thoughts to all of you. Hope all is good...
Jackie, I'm thankful she has an approved adopter already. I'd probably be in trouble if she didn't. She's great but I don't think we are 100% ready for a second dog. Enjoying getting her ready for her new forever home though.

I'm sorry to hear about Sissy and I hope she continues to adjust. Amazing how much one pet can help another without us humans even realizing what they are doing. Hugs to you and Sissy!
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 09-08-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdavis View Post
I'm just reading this today. I'm so sorry you had to let your beloved Kinser go. You were wonderful to him in his last days. Made me cry because I didn't have the opportunity to give Criss one more ice cream sundae.

I'm so sorry.
Hugs,
Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann
Thank you. I was very thankful to have had the time to spoil Kinser, especially after losing Decker somewhat unexpectedly. But it was extremely hard for John to get past what was coming to enjoy those last days - especially the last few hours. He felt like it was almost easier to have the end come suddenly than to have to face a new day knowing what was to come. I can understand his point of view too - it's such an individualized decision.

I've read Chriss Ann's story a few times. She was a beautiful girl who was lucky to have you as her human. Never really gets easier but it seems over time it just becomes more routine to go on without them.

I came across this, "Heartwarming Illustration Of A Dogís Life Will Make You Want To Hug Your Pup Forever" today... you may need tissues to read....
http://barkpost.com/life/dog-life-illustration/
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 09-10-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofdecker View Post
I came across this, "Heartwarming Illustration Of A Dogís Life Will Make You Want To Hug Your Pup Forever" today... you may need tissues to read....
http://barkpost.com/life/dog-life-illustration/
This is a great piece, Holli, ... thanks for sharing.
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:28 PM

Holli,
I don't usually come to this section of the forum, so I'm just reading the news of Kinser today. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you were able to check off the things on his very own bucket list.

I know that the deep sadness felt after loosing a furry friend is a direct reflection the intensity of the love you shared for eachother. Kinser lived richly as the recipient of your great love, along with Decker, Rascal, and Bubby. My thoughts are with you, and your family.

Good luck with your foster girl! I hope she and Toby can bring you some smiles during the upcoming holidays.

Audrey
Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:55 AM

Thank you, Audrey. There is a group of us at my work that have lost our senior pets this year. We have our good days and our more emotional ones, that's for sure.

Miss Paisley left for her forever home and is doing well. She is missed - especially those herding instincts which remind me so much of my diabetic Decker - but I'm happy she's found a forever home.

A few weeks ago my father in law started experiencing some medical problems and was hospitalized. He's still in the hospital and looks to be there for a few more weeks before hopefully being transferred to a rehab facility for a few weeks after that. His dog, Abbott, has come to stay with us full time until we are able to get dad back home. Always something to keep us on our toes.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:17 PM

Oh my! I never come over to this side of the forum!

I am so sorry for you loss, I hope that time is helping to heal. Again, sorry for missing this post
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.