Cure for Diabetes in Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cure for Diabetes in Dogs

I read the about it the other day in this article.
    http://www.emaxhealth.com/1020/type-...ing-way-humans

Jake
    13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
    At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Linda1 View Post
      I read the about it the other day in this article.
      http://www.emaxhealth.com/1020/type-...ing-way-humans
      wow

it sounds like a dream i would travel across the country to get into a trial for jesse

i guess we need to keep on the look out for trials and locations the thing that's nice about it is one injection and nothing else and i dont see a reason for a placebo affect in this testing so everyone participating should receive the treatment

i think the big thing is they talk about the ability of sensing levels of blood sugar in the body and an appropriate response to those levels from the body that doesnt seem to work well in diabetic dogs but a few who have normal blood sugar with injectable insulin which may mean this function still operates thats why we have to be so consistent with everything we do for our pups because this ability doesnt work very well any more creating the erratic behavior in blood sugar and most of there problems

very interesting
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by momofdecker View Post
        Looks like some promising information. The once piece of information I think this article is missing is details about all potential causes of canine diabetes: autoimmune disease, genetics, chronic pancreatitis, certain medications and abnormal protein deposits in the pancreas. I'm not sure how a pet owner could be held accountable for not being able to avoid something that is beyond his/her control.

In knowing that, I wonder about the health of the dog(s) tested. Was the cause of the diabetes known? What was the overall health of the dog(s)? What impact would the treatment have with dogs that develop diabetes from causes other than obesity, vaccinations, etc..? Would a CBC / Full chem panel be required on all dogs considered for this treatment? Would be wonderful if the treatment was all encompassing!
        I belive they "create" the diabetes in these otherwise seemingly healthy dogs for the study.

Still would be nice to hear more.
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
        X