Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com

Canine Cushings - See http://www.k9cushings.com The new www.K9Cushings.com is open! So this former temporary home is closed to new posts. Please go to www.k9cushings.com and check to see if your membership transferred there. It will remain viewable, however, until the transition to the new forum at http://www.k9cushings.com/forum is complete.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Pip collie lab x cushings arthritis

Pip is still in some discomfort with his ears, still being sick today he's not eaten anything i've put in front of him.He just sleeping i manged to put the ear drops in again he was crying whimpering and he did a little scream still doesn't like his ears being touched . still carry on with the treat for pseudomonas may have to get him back tomorrow tried giving him his other medication didn;t want to know. Haven't be able to get him to take his VETORYL TODAY .but its only 1 day without medication .will hopefully take tomorrow even if i have to give him some chicken that if i can get him to eat.
julie
Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Interim CC

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry that Pip is having another rough day. A dog that doesn't eat is usually a sick dog and you should never give Vetoryl to a sick dog. So you may want to wait until Pip's appetite is back before resuming dosing. We'll have fingers and paws crossed here in the hopes that Pip will feel much better soon.

Glynda
Old 05-05-2009, 04:01 AM

Thanks Glynda,

I can't get him to eat still and take his normal mediction ,Spoke with vet practice they just say this type of ear infection is very nasty.I said about Pip's ACTH STIM on friday this has be cancelled as the vet said he needs 2 week's clear of the ear drops All he'as doing in sleeping still drinking and vomiting .its really knocked out of him.

Julie
Old 05-05-2009, 10:15 AM

Hi Julie,

I have been out of town and am sad to read that Pip is having such a hard time with his ears.

He needs some proteins to help him heal. Since he is drinking, maybe you could try some chicken broth or beef broth, or even make a stock using some veggies he likes along with some meat. This way he will get some nutrients he needs yet doesn't have to chew, which with painful ears may be too much for him right now. Try to get him to take some liquid nourishment until he can chew without pain. If he won't take that, then get some NutriCal. It will provide all the nutrients he needs.

Hope things start looking up for you and Pip again soon and that he is chasing cats again in no time!

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls
Old 05-10-2009, 06:38 AM

Hi Julie,
Just checking in and hoping Pip is recovering. Hope he is feeling better by now.
John (Roxee's Dad)
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Just to keep you update on the latest with Pip

He went back to the vets on friday his ears a just a little pink although he's still not happy with his ears being touched, my vet said she could give him more ear drops but is steriod base and will effect his cushings. but ultimatly he will need his cushings test . she also said we could give him a gently ear cleaner to use every day to try and soothe them.when the vet looked in them on friday there was stiil no wax mite's.what the vet said try is 1 drop of olive oil 1 daily in both ears to see if that to see if that help soothes the irration and to give his ears a little coating.
he still not happy with his eares being touched he shaking his head and tilting which my vet saw on friday as i've already said there is nothing in them.the reason he was being sick was due to the anti biotics
My vet also said Pip has some sort of allergies which we will be looking into .(maybe ? ) not sure at the moment giving him time to get over the ear infection. i said to my vet he's had infection's before but this one has really taken it out of him
he still sleeping quite alot he started eating again on friday also taking his regular medication .

This morning he went for a walk and we had a nice stroll we went where he want to go (the only thing is he was a bit mad as he fancied to in the canal and i wouldn't let him so i spoiled his fun) but we where out for about 1hr 15mins.but i let him go where he wanted to go.

he is booked in for his ACTH stim on the 28th may as vet said about 3 weeks after ear drops
well that my news
julie pip
Old 05-10-2009, 06:41 PM

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the update. Glad that Pip's ears are a little better and that he still feels like taking a stroll. This infection has certainly taken its toll on him, poor boy. Hope he fully recovers soon!!

Take care,
Louise
Old 05-11-2009, 06:14 AM

Hi Julie,
Very happy that you are seeing improvement in Pip. I hope he feel much better real soon.
John (Roxee's Dad)
Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 AM

Hi Julie,

I'm glad there has been some improvement with Pip's ears and that he felt like taking a walk with you. You tell him that Auntie Leslie said he can't play in the water until his ears are well. BUT, he can chase all the cats he wants.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls
Old 05-11-2009, 11:24 AM

Thank you for all your replies

This morning Pip's ears were very red sore and hot does like them being touched again his shaking his head and also head tilting very badly you cold teel he was in some discomfort and they were making him irratable,
spoke to the vet nurse left a message for my vet who contact me back and has prescribed him the aurizon again for 1 week (HIS ATCH STIM HAS BEEN PUT BACK FOR THE 1 WEEK IN JUNE SOME HE HAS PLENTY OF TIME OF THE EAR DROPS)
Juile Pip