No announcement yet.

Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to wish you a belated Happy Sugar-versary!!! Congratulations!! 8 years is amazing!!!
    Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

• Re: Introducing Maggie - Diabetic 8 years!

Eight years!! Congrats to you and Maggie. Hope she celebrated in diva style.
      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Maggie had her second keretectomy today. We tried to treat her right eye and after several weeks of procedures and treatments, we opted to do the surgical route today after no progress. It was a tough spur of the moment decision. I just couldn't stand much more of fighting her to put ointment in her eye. She doesn't mind drops at all. She was only under about 15 minutes and did pretty good. She is quite pitiful. I hope this will stop her pain and irritation.
        Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

well at least you didn't have time to stress and obsess about it. hope this does the trick
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

hope the procedure helps miss maggie and she can get through this
            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Sorry to hear Maggie's having an issue. Hope she recovers quickly and feels better very soon.

Brenda
              11 yr. old Bichon Frise...Diagnosed April 2015...Novolin 2x/day; snacks- frozen green beans, dehydrated chicken piece and frozen pumpkin pieces.

Comment

Hoping this was a success for your old gal! KUDOS to you for being a very dedicated mom for Maggie.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Sending healing thoughts for Maggie.

Jake
                  13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                  At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

To the Amazing Maggie and her Awesome Mom:

My best to you both.
                    I hope Maggie is feeling well soon.

🐕Ann and Mile

Comment

I hope Maggie is doing better each day! Hopefully the stress will subside too!
                      Sending hugs and prayers!
                      Mel
                      Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by amydunn19 View Post
                        Maggie had her second keretectomy today. We tried to treat her right eye and after several weeks of procedures and treatments, we opted to do the surgical route today after no progress. It was a tough spur of the moment decision. I just couldn't stand much more of fighting her to put ointment in her eye. She doesn't mind drops at all. She was only under about 15 minutes and did pretty good. She is quite pitiful. I hope this will stop her pain and irritation.
                        Amy,
                        Hope Maggie is doing well post-op.
                        Patty
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

We have been to three postop check ups and the healing is happening but it is so slow. Progress is slow.

One very interesting thing with this vet. He gave us a gel called Gen Teal Severe Dry Eye. Her blood sugar shot up like crazy. Like 500's crazy so I looked on the label and it has sorbitol so I am thinking that might be the culprit. When I called him, he said they use it with diabetic dogs all the time but nobody else really monitors their dogs at home so they may be unknowingly going sky high. We switched to a drop that doesn't contain sorbitol. He was at a conference and all the gels they looked at had sorbitol. He and some eye vet friends are going to try to do some case studies and maybe get a trial going to test the effects of these gels on diabetic dogs. I told him it was possible not all dogs react the same - Maggie has a sensitive chemistry set! But the fact they want to get to the bottom of it is pretty cool. Testing at home does make a difference and can actually inspire these vets to look into how to make things better! Anybody have similar issues with gel eye products?
                          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

That is so interesting, I use optixcare, and they also contain sorbitol. Looked on the Calvet website, as that is where I buy them. They do have one product without that ingredient

https://www.calvetsupply.com/product...ye-Medications

I will have to re-check my charts, but I am pretty sure that Emmitt does not react at all to the optixcare, I give them 4-5 times per day along with Macuguard, and lutein. So far so good.

Prayers for Maggie and you both. Joan

Comment

it maybe a reaction to the action of putting the drops in . kind of like my jesse would shoot up with loud bangs . kind of like a cortisol response rising do to fear or anxiety which we have seen with dogs and spiking sugar . so it might not be the chemical specifically but the action of putting the drops in

i even think sugar can spike by the excitement of eating and not specifically the food itself . thats why its so difficult to figure because there are so many forces at work

glad she is healing and hope to see continued progress
                              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

The Tacrolimus wasn't working for her?
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X