Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Eddie Is an Angel - Loved, Released, and All Promises Kept

Dear Jj,

You are the best. There is no better Dog Mom than you. My personal belief is that the love you have for Ed, and he for you, will hold you close forever. So glad that his crossover was lovely and quiet.

With our love, and hugs to little Bo,
Glennys and Jeb
Old 03-24-2015, 05:35 AM

Jj

Woke this a.m. To find your thread. It breaks my heart to read of one of our babies passing. Over the years you have taught and encouraged many including myself. Promises kept my friend! Love, prayers and strength being sent your way,
Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:01 PM

I don't know what to say...I'm so sorry.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:07 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss
Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you as you grieve.
Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:54 PM

I'm so sorry to read your post. I hope the knowledge that you kept the most difficult promise to your wonderful Eddie be some comfort to you. Having recently been through that sad goodbye with Clyde's brother I can say that his quiet passing in a patch on sunlight on his favourite rug has brought me some comfort. When your arms ache to hold Eddie just one more time, may the peacefulness of his passing will soothe you as well. xx
Old 03-24-2015, 06:23 PM

How wonderful he was home, with you, in his bed. May we all be so lucky to leave here so peacefully
Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years
Old 03-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Oh Jj, I am trying to get caught up after traveling and will be traveling again this weekend for a funeral.

I am so deeply sorry to read about Eddie. You surely did keep all your promises and he knew your love through and through.

Sending you virtual comfort and prayers as you grieve his loss. A loss we all feel here...
Blessings,
Patty
Old 03-27-2015, 08:53 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about your Eddie but it sounds as if you did all you could and made sure it was very peaceful. I hope all your happy memories of him help you through this sad time.
Antonia (and the other Eddie)
Old 03-27-2015, 08:59 AM

JJ I am soo sorry. He was a tough and mighty trooper. And he couldn't have been loved more by you or all of us in the forum!! My hear breaks for you
Run free and happy at the bridge sweet Eddie
Hugs
Sandy
Old 03-31-2015, 12:16 PM

Hey Jj,

I lurk a lot on here nowadays with Gigi, but I remember really feeling a connection with someone who had another feisty terrier who was diabetic. Thinking about you.

-Kat
Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |