Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ACL - Sable

Originally posted by farrwf View Post
    Otis experienced regular ear infections for a couple of years, and many times when he was having a severe one, he'd experience a hearing loss. After the infection passed, sometimes it would take a week or so before his hearing would return to pre infection levels.

It was scary sometimes, ... waiting for his hearing to return.

I like to read that there is a chance of hearing coming back, she does hear some things (but very very little). I really hope the "stability" issue is related and goes away as well.

I'm trying, I'll do anything I can to try! Eye surgery (success), acl surgery(sem-success so far)... whatever... I WILL do whatever I can.

Comment

They said they only have that and this other one they gave me (i can give you a name of that one later, i'm back at work now) but they told me they only give that when it's needed and never keep a dog on it for very long. There is another vet close I met check with but I do need to fix these ears.

Comment

I live in the wrong area... both vets.. same thing ugh

Comment

Sable is not doing well. She is weak and been battling diarhhea lately and is weak and not eating well.

I still believe the Lyme's Vaccination has put a lot of strain on her body, i'm not saying the ACL surgery was a breeze but she was recovering nicely up to that point.

I'm not sure what is going to happen and i hate that I have to work right now.

Lots of tears lately to see her like this and every second and minute away is time that i feel is wasted. There is a big bond between her and I, the diabetes is not the problem because that can be controlled, it's the other things and I can be thankful for the diabetes in a way because I have such a strong bond. I'm so sad right now though and just want her to get better... I wish she would...

Comment

Aww, I'm sorry you're going through all of this. Give Sable a scratch from me and Vinny!
            Mel
            Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Monsters Momma View Post
              Aww, I'm sorry you're going through all of this. Give Sable a scratch from me and Vinny!
              Mel
              Thank you. I'm at work with tears in my eyes - not sure how i'll make it through, might be using some vacation here....

Comment

a possible complication to diabetes for our pups is pancreatitis . i would not be surprised 50 percent or more of the diabetic pups may come down with it eventually i think allot of it is never diagnosed as maybe they heal on there own depending on the severity

it can be life threatening and it does make a pup very sick with a lack of appetite which is understandable . not saying your pup has it but if you haven't had that checked you may want to

hope sable feels better soon
                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
                  a possible complication to diabetes for our pups is pancreatitis . i would not be surprised 50 percent or more of the diabetic pups may come down with it eventually i think allot of it is never diagnosed as maybe they heal on there own depending on the severity

it can be life threatening and it does make a pup very sick with a lack of appetite which is understandable . not saying your pup has it but if you haven't had that checked you may want to

hope sable feels better soon
                  That is interesting, she eats if I give her something she likes/wants at that moment. If not she doesn't want to eat. For example, to try to clear up this diarrhea I made some turkey/pumpkin, she loved it (for a day) and it started to clear things up. Now she won't touch it.

I'm not sure what to do from here, she gets so worked up etc going to the vet and i'm not overly impressed with the vet here sometimes anyway- last time I talked to them they said to try rice/hamburger or rice/chicken. In the past that worked but again, I can't get her to eat that right now.
                  The pumpkin/turkey seemed to be helping but not it's just a matter of seeing her eat so... ugh.

Maybe it is something like that though, I don't know, she is almost 13.5 now though and I don't know what I want to put her through anymore either. I do appreciate the information and any advice though- I trust the people here more than the vet itself.

Comment

Called the vet and am taking her in to get looked at. I'm scared.

I know Sable is too, she hates the vet. I have to at least let them look at her though because if it is something like panreatis or something and I don't have them at least look i wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I know I do the best I can for her but I always blame myself- she is such a good little dog. (great.. .more tears now...)

Leaving work and getting ready for the vet- if there is anything I should be asking etc. please comment- I have a couple of hours before the vet. Thanks.

Comment

good luck with Sable at the vet. have them check the ears. i would get some Zymox it works wonders. maybe ask them about the lyme vaccine and check for pancreatitis. maybe ask for something to help with eating. a probiotic will help. let us know what the vet says
                      Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                      20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Riliey and Mo View Post
                        good luck with Sable at the vet. have them check the ears. i would get some Zymox it works wonders. maybe ask them about the lyme vaccine and check for pancreatitis. maybe ask for something to help with eating. a probiotic will help. let us know what the vet says
                        I did order some porbiotics but never received them yet. I use to give her a pill but because of her eating etc lately it's really hard to get her to take it- the stuff i ordered is a powder and is suppose to be good.
                        I keep hearing about Zymox, i'll look into it.

Thanks for the kind words, i'm nervous already about going but anxious to see what they say- i miss her energy (she doesn't have alot right now).

Probiotics just came... just had her outside, i wish it was just me but... no energy at all.
                        Last edited by ravenecw; 06-11-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Good luck a the vet's today. Will be looking forward to hearing what they say.
                          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Anxious to hear what you find out. Fingers crossed for good news.

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
                              Anxious to hear what you find out. Fingers crossed for good news.

Natalie
                              Thanks, leaving shortly.. apt is at 2:45pm cst.

She has done nothing but lay around today with no energy- it is raining in fairness though and that never gets her excited.

I wanted to take a stool sample but she only went this morning so i'm hoping to get her to go before we go. I have a feeling this is going to be a wasted trip but we'll see, not sure what to expect or what they will test (blood or something else or what). Anyway, the waiting around is horrible, I took 1/2 day off today even though i probably didn't have to... I wish she had some energy.

I don't know how some people don't get emotional with their dogs, this is so emotional for me it's unbeleivable. Even my dad was in tears today thinking about this, it's very rough here right now but trying to stay positive.

Comment

Well, we'll see I guess. They gave me two different things to give her and then if that doesn't they will test for Pancreitis etc.

I also noticed her other leg giving her troubles tonight I can't do another surgery at her age though so I'm hoping it's one of those things.

Back to the medications they gave, Metronidazole and Lonox.

So i'll start the medication tonight and see what happens and then worry about the leg and whatever else comes up I suppose. I want her happy so i'll do what I have to (crossing my fingers this helps and crosses my fingers her leg isn't too bad as well).

Comment

Working...
                                X