Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ACL - Sable

Originally posted by Judi View Post
    take an extra t-shirt that you've worn that you can leave with her so she'll smell you.

hoping for improvement.
    I left her a blanket.

Bad news however, things took a turn for the worse and I had to put her down. The suffering was too much for her to handle and by the numbers of her blood work she was steadily getting worse and not better.

Thank you for all your thoughts, suggestions, help through the years. You will always be part of my life.

I am going to cry some more now, I know I did the right thing today but I am so unhappy with her having to go through this when I believe it should have been prevented. I am going to write an article in the paper about that other vet as I believe they made my dog get to this state.

I want to remember Sable though for everything she was and still is to me and my Dad. She was/is our life. Without her it will be tough and it will make us have less of life as everything was about her and for her. She taught us so much and gave us so much it's incredible, much more than we ever gave her even though I know we made her happy.
    I wanted to give her more of course and today, even though it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, I believe I did as I took away her suffering. You know about the kidneys but they also believe she had seizures due to the kidneys and possible liver not getting the toxins out of her body. She also may have had pnemonia as well.
    She fought very hard.
    She seemed to be in a little better spirits however her body just couldn't take it anymore. She was the toughest yet sweetest dog I have ever known (I know we all say we have the best dog ever but I believe that was true when it came to Sable).

Thank you all again.

Comment

sable is such a wonderful soul so giving without expecting anything in return

today is my grand babies first birthday maybe sables spirit passed by to say high to lucy as we know baby's still have that connection beyond what can be seen dogs have it there whole lives

you made the wright choice for sable
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Sable is pain free now, has earned her wings. Nothing canhelp at this time of grief, I lost my little Peanut in April to renal failure/congestive heart failure, and her symptoms mirrored those of your precious Sable.

If It Should Be
        Author Unknown.

If it should be that I grow weak,
        And pain should keep me from my sleep,
        Then you must do what must be done,
        For this last battle cannot be won. You will be sad, I understand;
        Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
        For this day more than all the rest,
        Your love for me must stand the test.
        We've had so many happy years -
        What is to come can hold no fears.
        You'd not want me to suffer so;
        The time has come, so let me go.
        Take me where my needs they'll tend
        And please stay with me until the end.
        Hold me firm and speak to me
        Until my eyes no longer see.
        I know in time that you will see
        The kindness that you did for me.
        Although my tail its last has waved,
        From pain and suffering I've been saved.
        Please do not grieve - it must be you
        Who had this painful thing to do.
        We've been so close, we two, these years -
        Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

Comment

what a well loved life she had with you guys. Its so hard, especially for our special girls. I hope it comforts you a little that you had to stop her suffering.

big hugs for you and kind thoughts for Sable up in doggy heaven

Judi
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I am so sorry. We are crying with you.
            Proud mom to Ronak, miniature American Eskimo in NYC born in 2006. Weighs 24 pounds (28 pre-diagnosis). Diagnosed mid-June 2015. Hypothyroid, herniated discs in back, allergic to vaccines, takes Soloxine, Theophylline, and salmon oil. Ronak is a happy boy and his greatest loves are his toys (and me).

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about Sable. I'm sure she is running free at the bridge, and that my Sparky was there to meet her, showed her around, and shared some of his very best non-diabetic treats with her.
              Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

I'm so sorry. Sometimes it is so hard to do the right thing. I know
                Sable thanks you for being so strong and loving her so much

Comment

Oh, I am so sorry - it is such a painful decision but sadly the right one. Sable will be pain free now and although it doesn't ease this type of pain for you, it was the right thing to do. Hopefully in time, your memories will ease some of it.

Hugs to you!

Amy
                  Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I am so sorry. Run free sweet Sable.

Jake
                    13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                    At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

just wanted to say your the best. you took care of her and your dad spent time getting her to a place where Sable is pain free. She,s not suffering. i know its hard we,ll miss her .

try getting some sleep dear you,ll be okay. one day at a time.

thinking of you and your day best wishes

mo
                      Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                      20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

There are really no words at a time like this. So let me say, I'm so sorry for your loss and I'll be praying for you and your dad. RIP Sable.
                        Chuck-108 lb male Rottweiler, 8 years old. Dx Sept. 24, 2014. 22.5 units of Novolin N 2 x a day. Alpha Track 2. 2 1/2 cup Purina OM Select Blend, 2 x a day. Also mom to 2 Boxer boys, I love my 3 boys-chucksmom aka Kim

Comment

• Re: Sweet Sable is an angel...

Oh... my heart is broken at this news. Sending you a huge hug and a kiss skyward to Sable. You both have been a big part of this family for so many years.

It seems as if it was kidney/liver failure. I have no doubt that you did the right thing, right up to the last one. You were devoted to her and the greatest gift one can give a dog. Be proud of that and know that a dog who knows she's loved has the best life possible.

Natalie

Comment

So sorry about your loss. Hoping you take comfort in knowing you did all that was possible and Sable surely knew that and also knew how much he was loved. Take care!
                            11 yr. old Bichon Frise...Diagnosed April 2015...Novolin 2x/day; snacks- frozen green beans, dehydrated chicken piece and frozen pumpkin pieces.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Sable knows you did all you could for her, and will be waiting for you on the other side.
                              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words. I still have my bad days, I will never forget her or stop missing her. I created a little place with a lot of her favorite things.
                                I seriously miss her more than anything.

I did get a puppy though, she looks just like Sable when Sable was her age. I'm not sure what she will grow up to be of course but it helps. She does some things that remind me of Sable already. Now the fun part of potty training... so far not so good (it seriously took Sable 1 day, getting a dog in the winter like I did with Sable I think helped me out actually). Any tips let me know.

I will still be on here, read others stories, comment once in awhile and maybe give an update now and then on the new pup (Squirt, I couldn't think of a name as I could just think ... Sable, but liked Squirt for the fact she is so small and full of energy etc.).

Anyway, as I continue to miss Sable I now have a little help in getting on with life. Sable was my life and will continue to be part of it, i'm tearing up now. The other night I dreamt I had Sable and this new dog and they were getting along so well. My dad dreamt it the next night and I didn't tell him I had the dream... so odd. Also, at 8 weeks old they both weighed 4.2 lbs. hmmm.... I think I picked a good dog, I know I did with Sable for sure (thank you for everything).

Comment

Working...
                                X