Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

Happy Belated Birthday Jesse!! xoxoxo
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thanks Judi
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I'm late too in wishing the fabulous Jesse a Happy 16th birthday!!!!

I just love this sooo much... you two are awsome!

Natalie

Comment

Thanks Natalie . Your inspiration was a big part of Jesse's outcome .
          Last edited by jesse girl; 10-22-2020, 04:42 PM.
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Oh my good gracious! 16 for Jesse?! Amazingly fabulous!!!
            I am late to the party but wanted to check in here tonight. So glad I did
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
              Oh my good gracious! 16 for Jesse?! Amazingly fabulous!!!
              I am late to the party but wanted to check in here tonight. So glad I did
              Jesse and me say thanks Patty . You were a big part of why she is still here and we thank you

Comment

Congrats to Jessi glad to see the care and love is paying off for you

Comment

Thanks mister alan . Yep love and care go hand and hand

Comment

Updating Jesse"s thread.

She has now been diabetic for 11 years . She still wants to be in this world and I am more than happy to help her along with that . She has some cognitive issues which I have not seen any additional decline from her last update . She still goes for her walk every day . Chasing rabbits is only in her dreams now which is still fun .

She lost her grandma and my mom last month from Old age . She was ready to go and went peacefully and jesse got to be with her which mom enjoyed .

So we continue but there will not be any interruption in the natural process . A form of doggie hospice but we have been in that mode for a long time

She is doing well for an old gal . My mom would say dont say that she might hear you . She probably is right about that. Jesse has no concept of age as all dogs do . They live in the moment . Past and future have little meaning for them .

Comment

I am sorry for the lose of your mother and Jessi's grandmother. I just lost my father and Clouds grandpa 2 weeks ago after fighting cancer for 13 years when the doctor said he only had 2. I believe Cloud gave him happiness and helped him have a prolonged life because i got Cloud right when my fathers test results came in. Our prayers to you and your family.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. My mom also passed away peacefully in January at the age of 96.

Glad Jesse is still enjoying life. Lily’s also starting to get into that doggie hospice mode, but that’s ok. I hope she also continues to enjoy the little things.
                        Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                        Diabetes: Aug 2013
                        Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                        Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Thanks Mike and Misteralan

My mom was 91 which is very old in my family . She loved to be with dogs and brought her great joy as it does for many of us .

Same here with jesse . The vet at the time said she would maybe live 3 years at best and would loose her sight to diabetic cataracts . Well we are at 11 and counting and she never developed cataracts . So nothing is written in stone

Comment

hey Jessiegirl

life sends us twists and curves especially when its suppose to be our golden years.
                            we do our best day to day. were still here. we help others.
                            i couldnt ask for more from you and your Jessiegirl.

love Mo
                            and angel Riliey
                            Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                            20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Thanks Mo

Yes lots of twists and curves

Comment

I'm so sorry about your Mom. A life well lived is a treasure. I'm so glad Jesse didn't lose her vision.

We have been 2 years without a dog now which is strange but we moved my 85 year old Dad in with us and he tells me he has taken the place of my poodles.

lifting you up in my thoughts. Judi
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X